In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Charley@208

Center Console Courtesy LED fuse location?

I apologize in advance if this info is in a thread but after looking through 463 threads out of 5674 in the search I’m taking a shortcut.  

Would someone please enlighten me as to which fuse, and where it’s located, controls the LED courtesy light inside the floor center console on a 2015 Silverado 1500. The light which comes on when the lid is open quit working and I’m trying to track down which fuse protects it. I’ve looked online and in the owners manual to no avail. I’m not seeing a blown fuse by visual inspection and can’t figure it out.  If you know, I’d sure appreciate a heads up. Thanks   

1 hour ago, [email protected] said:

I apologize in advance if this info is in a thread but after looking through 463 threads out of 5674 in the search I’m taking a shortcut.  

Would someone please enlighten me as to which fuse, and where it’s located, controls the LED courtesy light inside the floor center console on a 2015 Silverado 1500. The light which comes on when the lid is open quit working and I’m trying to track down which fuse protects it. I’ve looked online and in the owners manual to no avail. I’m not seeing a blown fuse by visual inspection and can’t figure it out.  If you know, I’d sure appreciate a heads up. Thanks   

Question, do all of the accessory's still work?

USB ports, SD slot, "cigarette lighter" outlet? Both in where the light is and under the dash.

Pretty sure the light would be tied into a fuse that controls many things.

Good looking pooch!

Thanks for helping. 

That’s the thing.  The USB port in the console works. As far as I can tell it’s just the LED that doesn’t work. I don’t think that the LED would have exhausted it’s life, I don’t drive around with the lid open. 

I thought it may be the switch but would like to start at the fuse and work back. 

The “pooch” is my boy. He’s a good one. Always a smiling face and a wagging butt when I come home. 😃

Everything is working except the LED. I installed the console with pgamboa’s harness. Everything worked fine then the light stopped working. 

8 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Everything is working except the LED. I installed the console with pgamboa’s harness. Everything worked fine then the light stopped working. 

Have you reached out to pgamboa to see if he knows?

Lights do burn out, even LED's. Ask him if he knows of a replacement bulb, or if it is possible to replace.

What type of dog is he?

Yes, I tried reaching out to Phil but no answer. I haven’t taken the console apart to try and trace the wiring back. I was hoping not to have to do that. I tried the LED and it works when powered with an alternate 12v source. 

Charleys’ a 23lb Cairn terrier that thinks he’s a Great Dane. He’s a fearless sweetheart. 

2 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Yes, I tried reaching out to Phil but no answer. I haven’t taken the console apart to try and trace the wiring back. I was hoping not to have to do that. I tried the LED and it works when powered with an alternate 12v source. 

Charleys’ a 23lb Cairn terrier that thinks he’s a Great Dane. He’s a fearless sweetheart. 

Sorry, that is all I have for ideas.

He is a good looking puppy, here are my 4 monsters, 

IMG_0585.jpg

Edited by JimCost2014

The pic is when he was a pup. He’s grown into his ears.  That’s a good looking group you have. Those are the size Charley likes to hang with. 

Ill keep putzing around till I figure it out. If I determine the fuse I’ll post it. Take care.