Time for head gaskets....

55k miles on my 16 LML with excessive coolant pressure. I had a local diesel shop confirm my suspicions before I take it in this afternoon.  Bummer for sure...  At least it's still under warranty!

2 hours ago, 20Bowtie14 said:

55k miles on my 16 LML with excessive coolant pressure. I had a local diesel shop confirm my suspicions before I take it in this afternoon.  Bummer for sure...  At least it's still under warranty!

Wow!! I bought my L5P in March or April of this year and my warranty is up in another 10k miles. 3 year 36k miles is all they give now. I hope that’s not a sign that they don’t expect them to last long.  

38 minutes ago, DmaxHugh said:

Wow!! I bought my L5P in March or April of this year and my warranty is up in another 10k miles. 3 year 36k miles is all they give now. I hope that’s not a sign that they don’t expect them to last long.  

Definitely stinks big time. Makes me question the reliability of these trucks... 

In 55k miles I've had a water pump, power steering pump, electrical issues, power folding mirror motors, water leak(s) in the cab, and now head gaskets......

Edited by 20Bowtie14

1 hour ago, DmaxHugh said:

bumper to bumper warranty is 3 years/36,000 miles. Powertrain is 5 years/100,000 miles for diesel and 5 years/60,000 miles for gas.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jhplak325 said:

bumper to bumper warranty is 3 years/36,000 miles. Powertrain is 5 years/100,000 miles for diesel and 5 years/60,000 miles for gas.

Oh, well I guess I’m not paying enough attention when signing my paperwork. Thanks for the info! That makes me feel a little better. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have an appointment for November 11th to take it in. The dealership said they haven't been able to do anything because of the strike. They're replacing an engine and another head gasket job that are in line in front of me.

Edited by 20Bowtie14

On 10/18/2019 at 3:07 PM, DmaxHugh said:

I think you'll find that the L5P has a 5 yr/100,000 miles powertrain warranty.

Yes, the comprehensive warranty is 3/36k.

https://www.gmc.com/owners/warranty-details

From above link, the Powertrain Coverage section says:

COVERED FOR 5 YEARS/60,000 MILES†
POWERTRAIN COVERAGE

All 2018-2019 GMC vehicles come with a fully transferable, no-deductible, 5-year/60,000-mile (whichever comes first) Powertrain Limited Warranty. The 2500 and 3500 Series Heavy Duty (HD) pickups equipped with a 6.6L Duramax® Turbo Diesel Engine are covered for 5-years/100,000 miles, whichever comes first. See dealer for details.
The Powertrain Warranty covers repairs due to defects in materials and/or workmanship for components listed below:

ENGINE
All internally lubricated parts, engine oil, cooling hoses and lines. Also included are all actuators and electrical components internal to the engine, cylinder head, block, timing gears, timing chain, timing cover, oil pump/oil pump housing, OHC carriers, valve covers, oil pan, seals, gaskets, turbocharger, supercharger and all internal lubricated parts as well as manifolds, flywheel, water pump, harmonic balancer and engine mount. Timing belts are covered until the first scheduled maintenance interval. Exclusions: Excluded from the powertrain coverage are sensors, wiring, connectors, engine radiator, coolant hoses, coolant, and heater core. Coverage on the engine cooling system begins at the inlet to the water pump and ends with the thermostat housing and/or outlet that attaches to the return hose. Also excluded is the starter motor, entire pressurized fuel system (in-tank fuel pump, pressure lines, fuel rail(s), regulator, injectors, and return line) as well as the Engine/Powertrain Control Module and/or module programming.

TRANSMISSION/TRANSAXLE
All internally lubricated parts, case, torque converter, mounts, seals, and gaskets as well as any electrical components internal to the transmission/transaxle. Also covered are the actuators directly connected to the transmission (slave cylinder, etc.). Exclusions: Excluded from the powertrain coverage are transmission cooling lines, hoses, radiator, sensors, wiring, and electrical connectors. Also excluded are the clutch and pressure plate as well as any Transmission Control Module and/or Module programming.

TRANSFER CASE
All internally lubricated parts, case, mounts, seals, and gaskets as well as any electrical components internal to the transfer case. Also covered are any actuators directly connected to the transfer case as well as the encoder motor. Exclusions: Excluded from the powertrain coverage are transfer case cooling lines, hoses, radiator, sensors, wiring, and electrical connectors as well as the transfer case control module and/or module programming.

DRIVE SYSTEMS
All internally lubricated parts, final-drive housings, axle shafts and bearings, constant velocity joints, propeller shafts and universal joints. All mounts, supports, seals and gaskets as well as any electrical components internal to the drive axle. Also covered are any actuators directly connected to the drive axle (i.e., front differential actuator, etc.). Exclusions: Excluded from the powertrain coverage are all wheel bearings, drive wheel front and rear hub bearings, locking hubs, drive system cooling, lines, hoses, radiator, sensors, wiring and electrical connectors related to drive systems as well as any drive system control module and/or module programming.

TRANSPORTATION PROGRAM
During the warranty coverage period, GMC provides alternate transportation and/or reimbursement of certain transportation expenses under the Courtesy Transportation Program if your vehicle requires warranty repairs. Several transportation options are available. Refer to your Owner’s Manual or consult your GMC dealer for more details.

ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE
GMC is proud to offer the response, security, and convenience of the 24-hour Roadside Assistance Program for a period of 5 years/60,000 miles, whichever comes first. Refer to your Owner’s Manual for details, or consult your dealer/retailer. The Roadside Assistance contact information is listed in the Customer Assistance Offices section of the Warranty and Owner Assistance Information booklet.

WHAT IS NOT COVERED
All the above items are not covered for damage due to accident, misuse, alteration, insufficient or improper maintenance, contaminated or poor quality fuel, damage or corrosion due to chemical treatments or Aftermarket Products, impact, use or environment. For complete details, refer to your Warranty and Owner Assistance Information booklet. Other coverages are not extended or altered due to this supplement.