Fogging Headlight

2016 Silverado 2500HD LTZ Z71.  Recently changed the high beams to LED bulbs.  During some recent cold weather I noticed the driver side high beam was fogged in.  Once the weather warmed, it cleared up.  Maybe didn't get a good seal??  Planning on removing the housing and cleaning out the inside.  Any other thoughts as to why this happened?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by ChrisK
spelling

34 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

2016 Silverado 2500HD LTZ Z71.  Recently changed the high beams to LED bulbs.  During some recent cold weather I noticed the driver side high beam was fogged in.  Once the weather warmed, it cleared up.  Maybe didn't get a good seal??  Planning on removing the housing and cleaning out the inside.  Any other thoughts as to why this happened?

Thanks in advance.

My driver side housing was fogging from day 1 on my 2019 LTZ Duramax. I got the dealer to get me another unit, but the paint match wasn’t the best. I think the seals are weak on the lenses and maybe my messing with it you broke the seal. I had a buddy that had a similar issue on his car and he put a couple of the packets that come in packaging to keep electronics dry in his head light. Not sure how it worked. 

1 hour ago, DmaxHugh said:

My driver side housing was fogging from day 1 on my 2019 LTZ Duramax. I got the dealer to get me another unit, but the paint match wasn’t the best. I think the seals are weak on the lenses and maybe my messing with it you broke the seal. I had a buddy that had a similar issue on his car and he put a couple of the packets that come in packaging to keep electronics dry in his head light. Not sure how it worked. 

Gotta hand it to your buddy for the redneck fix of putting desiccant packets in the headlight housing to adsorb  moisture, but it will be a short term fix, once they're saturated, he'll be back to square one, probably best to do it right the first time and seal it right.