Fuse Block Corrosion 1996 GMC SIERRA K1500

IceInTheBack

I had a rebuilt transmission put in my truck and 800 miles later the check engine light comes on. P-1860, P 1864 & P 1886... All have to do with various electrical issues. Upon taking it back to Aamco, they found that the Interior fuse block was corroded and the fuse for the transmission was shooting back and forth from 00.03 volts to 20.00 volts. The trans will not do anything but use 2nd gear. It won't shift at all. Some of the gauges on the dash work intermittently off and on.

I am told that the fuse block needs to be changed, but that the wires could also be corroded also. I will not use Aamco any further, so the shop I generally take it to says they can change the block, but if the wiring harness is bad, they cannot get one other than maybe from a junkyard... That could cost me a fortune having them route and run a new harness and all the wires...

What are the chances the Fuse Block would be corroded and the wiring harness being ok?

Is what I am explaining typical when the fuse block goes bad? Electrical is my worse subject and it's like trying to understand Japanese spoken by a Russian. No offense to anyone... But you get my point, right?

I have more than $30k in this truck... I have replaced the Motor with a new crate motor, New Trans, New Entire Front end system, New Lift Kit, New Killer Stereo, New Brake system, new Wheels and tires, K&N CAI, New distributor, new fuel pump, new radiator and cooling system, entirely new A/C system, etc... I think you get the gist of what I have done... If not for the fuse block, everything in the truck would be new...

Any thoughts on what I might be dealing with?

Also, I have been unable to find any documentation as to how to remove and replace the fuse block and where the wires from it attach to??? Anyone know of some good documentation I can locate?

Thanks