10,000 GM Rewards Points Offer

Anyone else get this email from GM Financial today? 

Not very clear. All it says is “push the button next time you’re in for Certified Service” and you’ll get 10K points and $50 allowance. Even the fine print doesn’t seem to say anything about purchasing a plan with OnStar. 

I already have Remote Access for my truck, so I wonder if this will actually work to get me 10K points just for pushing the button when I go in next week for service? 

12A48F22-44D2-48BC-AEE0-DE19AFA7603E.thumb.jpeg.db38286fea33b272a92195723e7f6f66.jpeg

And here's the fine print: 

562713076_ScreenShot2019-12-03at8_43_06PM.thumb.png.95723208e560e7239597d0130e9dffcc.png

Edited by econometrics

Activate,   that means you are subscribing to Onstar trial membership.  That's what the promo is for, lure new customers.  You are going to have to give them credit card so they can start billing your after the trial expires, read the last lines of the info below.  You will have to call them to cancel and they will try to keep you with a sales pitch etc.  

WAKE UP YOUR VEHICLE'S FREE SERVICES

Start Your Activation Online

Enter your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) to continue.1

Your VIN can be found on your vehicle registration, on the driver's side dashboard (visible through the windshield), or on the driver's side door-jamb (printed on a sticker).

Vehicle Identification Number:

Eligible model year 2015 and newer vehicles will receive 1 month of OnStar Safety & Security Plan and 1 month of Connected Services which include navigation services, Remote Access Plan, and 1 month or 3 gigabytes of 4G LTE data (whichever comes first) from activation. Eligible model year 2011-2014 vehicles will receive 1 month of OnStar Safety & Security Plan and 1 month of Connected Services which include navigation services and Remote Access Plan from activation. Eligible model year 2006-2010 vehicles will receive 1 month of OnStar Safety & Security Plan from activation. Services are subject to user terms and limitations and capabilities vary by vehicle model. When you select a monthly plan within 15 days of activation, you'll receive an additional 2 months of the plan you select at no additional charge. 2 month extension must be redeemed within 15 days of activation date. Requires that you enroll in a monthly service plan and associate a payment method on file. After trial expires, OnStar will automatically bill your payment method each month. Plans containing 4G LTE data will be billed every 30 days by AT&T. You may cancel at any time by pressing your blue OnStar button or by calling 1-888-4OnStar (1.888.466.7827). See onstar.com for details and further plan limitations. Data plan provided by AT&T. Availability subject to change.

Edited by elcamino
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, elcamino said:

Activate,   that means you are subscribing to Onstar trial membership.  That's what the promo is for, lure new customers.  You are going to have to give them credit card so they can start billing your after the trial expires, read the last lines of the info below.  You will have to call them to cancel and they will try to keep you with a sales pitch etc.  

For 10K points, I think that's time well spent. I can easily call them and tell them to stop. Heck, even if I was charged one month, it's still worth it when you consider what you can buy for 10K points and $50. 

• Like 1