Finding the righ u-joints

First off, I searched, couldn't find this answer, sorry if I missed it.

I have just come into possession of a 2001 GMC Sierra 2500 HD 4x4 Crew Cab (6.0L, automatic) that has seen much better days.  The truck is beat, has over 213,000 miles on it, and needs a new transfer case.  Lots more needs to be done, but a new transfer case should get it back to drivable condition (fingers crossed).  I want to go ahead and do the u-joints while I'm replacing the t-case, but I'm having a tough time finding what I need online.  Everywhere I look seems to think I should only need 4 u-joints, but I count 5 when I lay under the truck.  It has a two piece rear driveshaft with one at the rear axle, one at the t-case, and one at the center support bearing... and one at each end of the front driveshaft, so 5 total.

Do I have something weird here?  Is there a reason why everywhere I look seems to think I should only need 4?  Anyone here happen to know which joints I need for each location?

Thanks in advance.

If you enter your trucks VIN and do a parts search for U-Joints at ACDelco's website they'll show the different U-joints needed. There are three required for the rear driveshaft... one at transmission, one at support bearing, and one at rear axle. There are multiple U-joint options which are dependent upon which manufacturer and type of driveline components your truck was assembled with. Once you figure out what the correct part numbers are you can then cross reference them to other manufacturers U-joints if you don't want to use ACDelcos. Same goes for front axle, which uses two.

Tried that, but it doesn't give me just the u-joints for my specific configuration, it gives me every possible u-joint for every possible configuration and you have to wade through it all.  I have found there on the AC Delco site at least 4-6 different part numbers for each of the 5 locations, but nothing that indicates if those are all comparable or if there is some variable that has to be considered to pick the right one.  The only glaring difference I see, on a couple of the options, is "Spicer 1410 series".  Maybe this is a dumb question, but how do I know if I need a "Spicer 1410 Series"?

1 hour ago, Abeyance said:

Tried that, but it doesn't give me just the u-joints for my specific configuration, it gives me every possible u-joint for every possible configuration and you have to wade through it all.  I have found there on the AC Delco site at least 4-6 different part numbers for each of the 5 locations, but nothing that indicates if those are all comparable or if there is some variable that has to be considered to pick the right one.  The only glaring difference I see, on a couple of the options, is "Spicer 1410 series".  Maybe this is a dumb question, but how do I know if I need a "Spicer 1410 Series"?

2 Piece driveshaft would have 1410 u-joints out back.  Send me an email and I'll send you the Spicer U-Joint catalog I have from 2017.  Look at pages 233-238.  [email protected]