2.7 vs 4.3 vs 5.3 gas mileage

There was one at the dealer, but it wasn’t a true one, the guy had swapped the grill and made it look like a TB, same rims and tires, even badged it,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh bummer, I thought you might have found one. Many listings I found with 2.7l in the title and the features I wanted, turned out to actually be the 5.3l which was listed in the packages portion of the window sticker.

What is it about the tail boss in particular that is important to you? That would help narrow down the options as far as engine, trim, and packages to look for.

I was also looking for a Trail Boss in the 2.7 last year, but knowing I wanted to keep my truck for many years I decided on the 5.3 due to its track record. If the 2.7 had been on the market for 5 or 10 years and turbos didn't have common problems, I definitely would have opted for that engine as well.

My RST came with the features I wanted (Z71, convenience package, leather, safety package, sunroof, tailoring package, bed liner, etc) and I can always add the trail boss suspension lift and change my tires/wheels for the trail boss look.

So what's most important to you disneybaker? Price, Gas mileage, resales value, lift, towing, wheel size? Let's find the truck you want!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

4.3 CCSB Custom, the lowest ive seen is 19, essentially driving like an ass, I average 20-21, have see as high as 26 long distance with the cruise on.

What’s the CCSB? I’m thinking, custom Trailboss with 4.3, I wouldn’t think an old 4.3 from the beginning would be enough, but today’s have almost twice the HP

Oh bummer, I thought you might have found one. Many listings I found with 2.7l in the title and the features I wanted, turned out to actually be the 5.3l which was listed in the packages portion of the window sticker.

What is it about the tail boss in particular that is important to you? That would help narrow down the options as far as engine, trim, and packages to look for.

I was also looking for a Trail Boss in the 2.7 last year, but knowing I wanted to keep my truck for many years I decided on the 5.3 due to its track record. If the 2.7 had been on the market for 5 or 10 years and turbos didn't have common problems, I definitely would have opted for that engine as well.

My RST came with the features I wanted (Z71, convenience package, leather, safety package, sunroof, tailoring package, bed liner, etc) and I can always add the trail boss suspension lift and change my tires/wheels for the trail boss look.

So what's most important to you disneybaker? Price, Gas mileage, resales value, lift, towing, wheel size? Let's find the truck you want!

Specifically drawn to trailboss for color and lack of fake chrome! Color is gonna be tangier orange like like one in pic, the one in pic is only hours from me but it has leather and that’s a deal breaker for wife2be8106ec8f5357ba075987455acde55.jpg

7 minutes ago, disneybaker said:

What’s the CCSB? I’m thinking, custom Trailboss with 4.3, I wouldn’t think an old 4.3 from the beginning would be enough, but today’s have almost twice the HP

crew cab short bed. I went from a old 5.3 Silverado to the 4.3 because the price was right. this 4.3 does everything my old truck could do.

12 minutes ago, disneybaker said:

leather and that’s a deal breaker for wife

The seat covering can be swapped but I'd try changing your wife's mind.  "We" once preferred cloth for likely the same reasons as your wife.  The "leather" in these trucks has the maintenance characteristics of heavy duty vinyl but are good looking and comfortable.   A damp cloth after a day out with grandkids and dogs brings my five year old leather interior back to new condition.  Extremely hot or cold days and bare legs may be a concern but easily dealt with and outweighed by other advantages!

• Like 1

The seat covering can be swapped but I'd try changing your wife's mind.  "We" once preferred cloth for likely the same reasons as your wife.  The "leather" in these trucks has the maintenance characteristics of heavy duty vinyl but are good looking and comfortable.   A damp cloth after a day out with grandkids and dogs brings my five year old leather interior back to new condition.  Extremely hot or cold days and bare legs may be a concern but easily dealt with and outweighed by other advantages!
[emoji3516]Same. Always leather for me and my dogs with rubber floor mats seat covers in the back

Specifically drawn to trailboss for color and lack of fake chrome! Color is gonna be tangier orange like like one in pic, the one in pic is only hours from me but it has leather and that’s a deal breaker for wife2be8106ec8f5357ba075987455acde55.jpg

OK! So looks like Fairview may have painted that truck to match their logo for marketing purposes since the upgrade color option when building a Silverado is Cajun Red or Iridescent Pearl (as far as I know).

If the exterior colors are important to you then I'd say go for that custom color and add seat covers [emoji4]

If engine or interior options were more important then I'd say find another truck and have it painted or color change with Plasti-dip, Proline, or Autoflex. I was not a fan of the chrome look either which is why I went with the RST with color matched bumpers, black mirrors and bowtie. However, I'll eventually cover the bumper in black and replace the grill. I am a fan of the Trail Boss headlights over the "upgraded" option on my RST. While they look mean, I don't see as well at night in heavy rain and haven't found a bulb upgrade option for them yet.

But enough about my truck! That Silverado at Fairview seems like a pretty good fit other than leather for you wife, but it's much easier to go with leather and cover with cloth than to buy cloth and upgrade to leather if you changed your mind. Leather also increases you resale value [emoji106]

OK! So looks like Fairview may have painted that truck to match their logo for marketing purposes since the upgrade color option when building a Silverado is Cajun Red or Iridescent Pearl (as far as I know).

If you check out www.gmfamilyfirst.com and build a TB, you’ll see orange is available as well as yellow and green as well as teal on some order guide but not that one same as this bad ass blue that isn’t northsky
7260727c69cdb3d26e049d3eed5ed023.jpg7b80376708f6a46bfa1f37bff73fe39f.jpg53ff69305b43a54393ac8d650e67197f.jpg535eb9df4347997a036c1e736efda315.jpg

• Like 1

If you check out www.gmfamilyfirst.com and build a TB, you’ll see orange is available as well as yellow and green as well as teal on some order guide but not that one same as this bad ass blue that isn’t northsky
7260727c69cdb3d26e049d3eed5ed023.jpg7b80376708f6a46bfa1f37bff73fe39f.jpg53ff69305b43a54393ac8d650e67197f.jpg535eb9df4347997a036c1e736efda315.jpg

THAT'S AWESOME! Thanks for the info. Too bad I didn't know that when I tried building mine on Chevy website [emoji22] Totally would have gone with that Teal and blacked out all the chrome!

That blue definitely pops too. Beautiful.

I love my Steele Blue Metallic but it doesn't do much better than black at hiding dirt with all the rain we get in Portland. I'll probably get a liquid wrap for fun color and to save the paint when going off-road.

Not sure what they were thinking with that black corner panel though. I think it looks great with a black bumper/grille like the orange truck, but terrible next to those chrome bumpers.

THAT'S AWESOME! Thanks for the info. Too bad I didn't know that when I tried building mine on Chevy website [emoji22] Totally would have gone with that Teal and blacked out all the chrome!

That blue definitely pops too. Beautiful.

I love my Steele Blue Metallic but it doesn't do much better than black at hiding dirt with all the rain we get in Portland. I'll probably get a liquid wrap for fun color and to save the paint when going off-road.

Oh I see, that's for GM employees and family. I wouldn't have qualified.