26 was my best. going 40-45mph driving thru the glacier national park

20-22 driving back road 50-60mph

14-16 in town and sometime lower depending on traffic

11 was my lowest lots of warming up during our -20°F week

• Like 1

7 hours ago, disneybaker said:

What’s gas mileage look like on these in the 4wd version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 2019 Sierra Elevation.  Double cab 5.3, 8 speed, Max Trailering package.  Stock except for a levelling kit and slightly larger than stock BF Goodrich KO2 275/65R20.  They’re also an LT rated tire so they’re heavier.

Average 15-16 litres/100 km which ironically translates to 15-16 mpg.  You can switch the dash from imperial to metric.  Mix of city and hwy, also live in a hilly area.

Best I did was 10.7 litres/100km flat hwy.

This truck is a bit better than my last truck 07 Silverado with the 5.3 as well.

Curious to see how I do towing my 5000lb (empty) travel trailer.  Last truck averaged 21 L/100 km hauling the TT, family and gear.

Seems like maybe the 2.7 turbo would be a good choice for economy? The 4.3 might need to work too hard and use more fuel anyways.

15 minutes ago, madconcept said:

You can switch the dash from imperial to metric.  

Is it U.S. gallon or imperial?  There are 1.2 US gallons to 1 imperial gallon.   I was born and raised in the Dunbar area!  You?

The only economic advantage to the 4.3 would be the lower purchase price. Fuel economy difference between it and the 5.3 in a lifted Trail Boss will be negligible at best.

And about that lower purchase price...seems to me you’d get beat to death when you go to sell a V6 Trail Boss.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Donstar said:

Is it U.S. gallon or imperial?  There are 1.2 US gallons to 1 imperial gallon.   I was born and raised in the Dunbar area!  You?

I’ll have to see what my dash says when I switch the settings.  I would assume it would be U.S. gallons but think my dash says “Imperial” and “Metric”

My truck is a Canadian model.  I live in Vancouver British Columbia.

Edited by madconcept

15 minutes ago, madconcept said:

I’ll have to see what my dash says when I switch the settings.  I would assume it would be U.S. gallons but think my dash says “Imperial” and “Metric”

My truck is a Canadian model.  I live in Vancouver British Columbia.

I keep mine on L/100 kms and use an online conversion calculator when making comparisons to other American members.   Dunbar is on the west side of Van on your way to UBC.

52 minutes ago, Donstar said:

I keep mine on L/100 kms and use an online conversion calculator when making comparisons to other American members.   Dunbar is on the west side of Van on your way to UBC.

I keep mine on L/100 km too.

should've been more specific, I live in North Vancouver and currently commute to East Vancouver near commercial drive right now building a house, so mix of city and hwy driving.  
Got 10.7 L/100 on a trip out to Abbotsford one day.  First weekend I owned the truck!

• Like 1

2018 Silverado Texas Edition CCSB. 5.3 L with 6 speed and 3.42 rear end. 100% stock. 18,500 miles on the odometer. Lifetime average 21.9 MPG. Best 400 mile average 23.7 MPG. 58 mile round trip commute with everything from stop and go at traffic lights to 10-75 MPH on the Interstate portion of the slog.

In the burbs around here where there are stop signs everywhere way to many n stop lights again way to many , so much stop n go driving my mpg is around 11 or 12.

down in TN  where I also have a house with open road driving still some stopping here n there the mpg is around 18 to 20 mpg , plus you can buy real gas. 

On the highway doing 60 to 65 the mileage can be 23 

In the burbs around here where there are stop signs everywhere way to many n stop lights again way to many , so much stop n go driving my mpg is around 11 or 12.
down in TN  where I also have a house with open road driving still some stopping here n there the mpg is around 18 to 20 mpg , plus you can buy real gas. 
On the highway doing 60 to 65 the mileage can be 23 

What size engine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk