RV or Travel Trailer Roadside Assistance Plan

Upgrading to a new double axle travel trailer in two weeks. I keep having visions of my oil cooler line blowing or a software brake failure on my new trail boss while I am in the Adirondack Mountains towing my TT. Sounds like normal roadside assistance plans will tow your truck if it breaks down but not your travel trailer left on the side of the road. Our camper place sells a roadside plan through Compass which is about $130 a year. AAA plus with RV add on is $127 a year and covers the car and the camper tow I think but AAA doesn't give many details online.

Any other options I should be considering?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

37 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

Also I see goodsam has a roadside RV plan

Good Sam sucks.  It's part of the Camper World/Gander empire, which is the most unethical RV dealership network there is. 

Good Sam sucks.  It's part of the Camper World/Gander empire, which is the most unethical RV dealership network there is. 
Well I assume the roadside folks responding to a call would be very different from the folks selling the camper. I went to three RV dealerships to buy out TT and did not get the warm fuzzies at any of them to be honest.

Did you ever have a goodsam policy or are you speaking from second hand info?

5 hours ago, ShamrockShooter said:

Well I assume the roadside folks responding to a call would be very different from the folks selling the camper. I went to three RV dealerships to buy out TT and did not get the warm fuzzies at any of them to be honest.

Did you ever have a goodsam policy or are you speaking from second hand info?

I had one, but never needed it.  But I've heard plenty of horror stories about it since.  Lots of unscrupulous dealers out there.  Look for a dealer near the factory, which more than likely will be in Indiana.  Personally, I'd go with one that quotes a low out the door price with no hidden fees or upcharges for things like battery, propane bottles, etc, like Heylett RV in Coldwater, MI.  Heylett RV has tons of review videos on YouTube.  Look for at least 30 percent off of MSRP.  I'd also suggest going to RV forums for input.  Dealers will tell you anything to make a sale.  I saw a couple getting a 5th wheel hitch installed the other day.  On a 2019 Sierra SLT 1500.  To pull an 11,500 lb trailer.  They're nuts!  The pin weight alone will overgross that truck's payload capacity by over 1000 lbs.  And this was a 5.3 with no max tow, not that a 6.2 with max trailering would have made any difference.  So beware the RV salesman who will tell you any lie you want to hear to make a sale.