LMC Truck Website Issues

Hello, first post here.

Looking to restore a 98 K2500 I got from a friend of mine who was ready to junk it.  (Free truck!)  He used it for his business and it's been beaten up, but not abused.  Gonna need a lot of work though, especially in the interior and a few exterior issues.  It also has an aftermarket dump on it we'll be removing on Saturday.

I have an old paper catalog from LMC Truck, so I went to the website to see the current prices of a few things, and it looks like it isn't working so well.  Is LMC Truck still a good place to shop for parts, or can you guys recommend something better?  JC Whitney seemed a bit hit or miss.

I buy most of my parts from rockauto, but I suppose it depends on what parts you need.  Depending on how expensive the part is, I would check multiple sites for pricing.

For example, way back, I had to buy fuel pumps for my truck, locally, the price was over $500cdn each, rockauto was right around $225cdn each, but spectra just happened to be dumping amazon stock (it appeared that spectra had shipped it to amazon's warehouse a year earlier, so I guess they didn't want to pay amazon to hold it, or pay to ship it back), so I got it for $30US (the cost on the fedex label for shipping from spectra to amazon) + shipping...

edit:

...and don't forget to use the 5% off discount code they have when ordering...

Edited by davester
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Epilogue:  Looks like the issue I was having with the LMC Truck site was the browser I was using was blocking the popup where you enter your vehicle information, but it still kept the area covered by the popup from working properly.  Tried a different browser and all is well.

Thanks again for the advice, and I am looking into those other suppliers you suggested.