Truck won’t start when wet

Aloha all

I drive a 94 s-10 that has a few quirks to say the least.

The latest problem is that it won’t start when it’s really wet out. I live in one of the rainiest places on the planet.

All of the lights and displays light up and I have a little device that plugs into the cigarette lighter that tells me the battery has 14v or close.

Usually it will click or try to engage maybe once but after that not even a click. A jump start does not help. The only thing that has worked so far is to let it sit and try again when it dries out.

some other recent quirks that may be relevant: 

1. you have to turn the key just right to start it. Turn just to resistance and it will start up. Turn too far, more than a couple times and it can drain the battery and require a jump.

2. I recently patched a hole in what I think must be the fuel return line. It was not under pressure and did not effect performance. I just globbed some JB weld on and it seems to have worked.

3. When it rains really hard sometimes water leaks in through the windshield. It’s not always wet inside the cab when the truck won’t start.

I appreciate any insight or suggestions on how to fix this problem and keep my baby running. Thanks.

even with another key you have to turn it just right. It’s more to do with    the ignition than the tumbler I think. You have to turn it just until it engages and not beyond.

That doesn’t bother me so much I just included it in case it would provide useful in figuring out why the truck won’t start when it’s wet.

thanks for your input. I really appreciate it