2003 Chevy electrical short

Taylorrichards31290

Question

I have a 2003 Chevy 1500. There is a short somewhere. So I have cleaned grounds under driver door. Replaced the whole steering column. And replaced the gage cluster And can’t seem to find the culprit. I crawled under the truck to see if there is a wire shorting out on the steering components anywhere and I can’t find it.

So here it what’s going on. Truck starts just fine and if I turn the wheel to the right just slightly the right turn signal will illuminate not blink illuminate solid. the truck will bog down and the abs light brake light and anti theft comes on with audible chime. Then immediately goes off once I turn the wheel to the left. Also it doesn’t matter what the position the wheel is at it only shows signs of the short when I turn the wheel right. 

need help thanks

9 answers to this question

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0kVTdC5qsmruOBl31KKNjrCDw#Boise_-_West_Valley

I don’t know if you can see this video but it shows what is happening. But when the abs fuse is pulled there is no difference. I was going to pay attention to the abs sensors on the wheels them selves today. The thing that is odd is it’s only when I turn the steering wheel right. And it doesn’t matter which rotation the steering wheel is at.