2015 Yukon Denali XL z95 front suspension Delete

Hello All,

I have a 2015 yukon denali xl ,this truck is the worst riding /built vehicle I have ever owned .It makes squeaks/air noises /rattles/shutters/etc.I am so disappointed I bought this thing but with only 49k miles and being 5 years old , I am sure its not worth anything. I would like to at least cure the front end brick ride .The glovebox build tag states z95 magnaride .I have seen kits but I never seem to find one for z95 ,please tell me it exist.I also have the stock 22 inch rims .I also know there are a ton of other people dissatisfied with there 75k GM product anything we can do together.?

• 1 month later...

I’ve made this conversion with a 2015 Denali. It’s been a process but I can tell you exactly what needs to be done and what to expect. I’ve swapped out multiple strut and shock combos but it’s still cheaper then replacing the magna-ride components. The problem with the 2015 suspension is it’s the first year and they lower control arms where trash. GMC refuses to acknowledge it but I hope a lawyer takes them to court. Like you I had low miles, 53k, and all of the struts went out.

Struts, others will argue, but go with the RS Ranchos. Reason being is the Denali suspension is completely different from the base Yukon. Add that most conventional systems are designed for the Yukon which generally have 20’ wheels all the while most Denalis have 22’, wheel size matters. The Rancho RS works because you can super tight, float like an old caddy, or go off road with ease. Plus the struts are thick. You need to understand if you try a different then expect different ride heights. With 22’ factory rims your everyday strut and shock has lowered my front way past normal ride height and I’ve had it raised too high. Trust me, go with the Ranchos, I’ve done this conversion. If there is another Denali guy that’s has a different opinion I’d be happy to listen but the POS suspension we got is not as simple as the others went to believe it is. 

Next is the deletion kit, use a simple plug and play. Don’t try to splice the wiring.

I did replace my lower control arms as well, the balm joints went out due to the magn-ride locking up. Also, the 2015 LCM’s suck.

My car doesn’t ride exactly the same as before but the Rancho gives me multiple settings which I like. feel more comfortable off road with the conventional struts and replacing my conventional system in the future will be tremendously cheaper long term. I asked myself do I really trust this magna-ride system to last more then 50k miles again? The magna-ride history has proven the conversion is worth it. Magna-ride is too complex and just a dumb idea for a massive vehicle that just wants to be like the other GMs. I say to GM, if I wanted a luxury track SUV then I’ll get the MB GL550 but I want an American SUV that doesn’t require $500 OEM aftermarket struts. 

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM STRUTMASTERS. They are without a doubt the trashiest, low quality, and fraudulent product and company out there. They struts are just awful and their springs just don’t fit the measurements. The deletion kit is not a kit, it’s a handbook on how to splice wires and what fuse to remove. If you don’t want to go my route then speak with a truck nerd at your local aftermarket store. Bounce ideas off of them because they convert trucks, the Denali’s system is a bit unique. Btw, the factory front ride height should be 35.9’, everything below that will make your ride look toe heavy and you won’t clear parking lot curbs.