Temperature gauge malfunction

2 hours ago, MartyMinogue said:

Hi,

I just noticed something strange happening with my temperature gauge. It seems like the needle is not pointing in the correct direction. I’m attaching a video to show what it looks like. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Yes, the needle has moved for some reason. I have seen this multiple times. The good thing about this is it is an easy fix. Remove the cluster and take the outter glass off. reinstall the cluster and turn the igntion on when the engine is completely cold. Remove the needle by GENTLY prying up on it and put it back at 0. Test it to make sure its working correctly and then reinstall the glass.

Very easy repair.

Hey so I just went out to look at my truck and everything is normal now. I’m not sure how it would have fixed itself on its own. Do you think it’s possible that my truck was overheating? I feel like even if it was running hot, the needle would still go back to 0 when the truck is off.