Wanted: 2018 front air damn

bowhunter8

Damaged min front air damn so looking for a new one. I took off all of the plastic air damn so now I just have the painted front bumper so I will need the whole plastic air damn

The truck is a 2019 Z71 1500 but is the LD model so it’s the 2018 body style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been struggling to find them on eBay(the very bottom plastic 2” section is easy to find). What key words should I be using to search for the full valance?

Bumper filler maybe [emoji2369].............

Everyone takes those off, including myself. Why do you need to put it back on?

My truck is having the typical varrying coolant temp during the hot months and when towing (gains about 15 degrees while under acceleration in the summer then the grille dampeners open and it cool back down to 210 degrees). I took it to the dealer to double check and they said it’s normal but they also noted that my lower valance was missing and said it may be because of that.

I highly doubt it but I also don’t want to be liable for a damaged motor or cooling system if my truck was to actually over heat while still under warranty.

Just don’t want to give the dealer any outs when it comes to warrantying my truck if needed (reason I don’t lift or modify my truck while under warranty)

• Confused 1

I am curious if the dealer could use that against you. Mine is brand new and I removed it

I know there is a law that states they have to prove it was the reason for a failure but don’t necessarily want to have to go through that if possible.

I like the truck without it as far as appearances go

On 8/6/2020 at 7:16 PM, bowhunter8 said:

My truck is having the typical varrying coolant temp during the hot months and when towing (gains about 15 degrees while under acceleration in the summer then the grille dampeners open and it cool back down to 210 degrees). I took it to the dealer to double check and they said it’s normal but they also noted that my lower valance was missing and said it may be because of that.

I highly doubt it but I also don’t want to be liable for a damaged motor or cooling system if my truck was to actually over heat while still under warranty.

Just don’t want to give the dealer any outs when it comes to warrantying my truck if needed (reason I don’t lift or modify my truck while under warranty)

I was looking at removing mine this coming weekend.  15º is an acceptable increase in operation temperature.  Have you noticed a decrease in the transmission temperature, after removing the airdam?  I think that it would allow more airflow across the tranny/gearbox, allowing it to operate at a cooler temperature.

I didn’t have the truck long before I had to remove the valance. So I don’t know if it has changed much but your logic sounds correct to me.

If anything, because there are no holes in the valance, common sense makes one think that with the valance removed, more air would flow around the trans housing, motor and bottom of the radiator theoretically leading to cooler temps.

I’m going to be towing a light weight camper this weekend (3000lbs) with a four wheeler in the bed and going up large grades so we will see if the coolant temp goes beyond 15 degrees. I doubt it will because in early July, I towed a Jeep on a trailer for 800 miles through the southwest in the desert heat and had the normal 15 ish degrees increase before the dampers would open and stabilize the coolant temp

Towing the the Jeep, my trans temp rarely reached 200 degrees on the freeway/highway, mainly sat at 194-196. But get off the freeway/highway after towing for a while and do some stop and go and the trans will go up to 208/210 (95 degrees ambient temp)

I was looking at removing mine this coming weekend.  15º is an acceptable increase in operation temperature.  Have you noticed a decrease in the transmission temperature, after removing the airdam?  I think that it would allow more airflow across the tranny/gearbox, allowing it to operate at a cooler temperature.

Meant to include your job in my above response