Hey guys,

I drive 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 6.0L Gas. I recently wrecked my 6L90 transmission completely while I was towing my 7 ton caravan, apparently my transmission overheated without me noticing. anyways I purchased a new 6L90 OEM GM transmission from the dealership and had the old one replaced in a local garage but the problem now is I have so many warning lights on (ABS-Check Engine-Stabilizer control) I connected my reader to the OBD and found out about the Codes (U0101 & P0602) and I googled them which I discovered Powertrain Control Module Programming Error and my Transmission Control Module (TCM) is not communicating with my PCM. I have done a bit of research and found out that I have to program my new TCM to recognize readings from the PCM (Correct me if im wrong) and there are some methods to apply in term to get the TCM to learn from the PCM and shift normal again. 

Please advice the best way to do so. 

Thanks

• 2 months later...

You need to have the dealer program this or find a shop with the right computer to purchase the software from GM and program it. Just have the dealer do this.

I believe they charge $150 or so.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk