Chevy Cruze ingnition coil pack burning out

Juan Coronado

Question

I have a 2014 Chevy Cruze lt 1.4 turbo and the ignition coil pack keeps burning out in the #1 spot and i have changed it 5 times and the same thing keeps happening so I looked it up and it's said to change the spark plugs so I changed all brand new and the same thing happened. I have changed the motor once due to overheating and water getting in the engine. So if anyone knows of any other fix please let me know. The gapping is fine and there are no wires leading to it I don't know what else it could be

Edited by Juan Coronado
Replying to answer

1 answer to this question

Make sure the plugs are gapped properly, and if the pack has wires leading to the plugs, replace those too.

Also be sure you're not buying them cheap from chain stores, like Advance Auto, Autozone, O'Reilley's, etc.. Parts quality tends to suck pretty bad at those places. You can usually find good name brands, if not OE parts on RockAuto for a decent price. Use NGK plugs and NTK coil packs, or AC Delco, or OE GM.

Edited by Jsdirt