Magnaride delete

• 1 month later...

I wish my 2019 High Country had it. The 2021 do know. 
Why do you want to get rid of it. They ride so nice with it on

I drove a 2019 2SS with magnetic ride count roll and couldn’t believe how well it drove compared to the regular SS   

On 3/20/2021 at 7:35 PM, TNTSilverado said:

I wish my 2019 High Country had it. The 2021 do know. 
Why do you want to get rid of it. They ride so nice with it on

I drove a 2019 2SS with magnetic ride count roll and couldn’t believe how well it drove compared to the regular SS   

I had a 2017 Suburban with it and the fronts failed at 50k.  My mechanic wanted $2600 JUST FOR THE FRONT.  I bought parts independently, installed them myself, and saved $1600.  Then I traded the Suburban off for my Silverado.  It never did feel right.

The wife has a 2016 Tahoe with the same system and nearly the same amount of miles.  It hasn't failed yet, but when it does, I'll be swapping to standard struts and shocks and using a bypass kit (to prevent lights and error codes) from here: http://shocksims.com/.

I would say the ride with Magna Ride is marginally better, but my 2020 Silverado LTZ rides as good or better with a standard suspension.   And, I can't see spending $4K-$5K every 50K miles to replace the shocks, especially when I hit 50k in two years on the Suburban.  The cost isn't worth it to me.

5 hours ago, IlliniST said:

I had a 2017 Suburban with it and the fronts failed at 50k.  My mechanic wanted $2600 JUST FOR THE FRONT.  I bought parts independently, installed them myself, and saved $1600.  Then I traded the Suburban off for my Silverado.  It never did feel right.

The wife has a 2016 Tahoe with the same system and nearly the same amount of miles.  It hasn't failed yet, but when it does, I'll be swapping to standard struts and shocks and using a bypass kit (to prevent lights and error codes) from here: http://shocksims.com/.

I would say the ride with Magna Ride is marginally better, but my 2020 Silverado LTZ rides as good or better with a standard suspension.   And, I can't see spending $4K-$5K every 50K miles to replace the shocks, especially when I hit 50k in two years on the Suburban.  The cost isn't worth it to me.

Well I have just ridden I a new Denali and compared to my High Country it is night and day. To each their own. When I get my 2SS convertible it will be with magna ride.