XM taking over Android Auto?

I had this happen awhile back but now it's consistent.

Plug in phone-->activate AA

Try to listen to podcasts or the news

XM fires up to my second preset and plays over the news on Android

As you can imagine, this makes it hard to understand.  I unplugged my phone.  I paused XM.  Switched over to FM before trying.  Nothing works; it goes right back to playing my second preset over any audio Android wants to play.  Anyone else?

• 4 weeks later...

I've had a somewhat similar issue.  If I'm listening to a Pandora station, it will sometimes play a second preset Pandora station at the same time.  One of the stations will be louder than the other.  If I then switch to XM when it is doing this it will play for at most a minute or so and then switch back to the double playing Pandora stations by itself.  XM will be playing fine until it switches.  If I go to FM it is fine.  A tech heard and saw this when it did it after an oil change.  He said to uninstall and reinstall Pandora.  That didn't work.  I took it back and they were going to a software update but they then said that GM says it is likely an issue with the USB cables that were plugged in and supposedly there is a bulletin on this.  They say you have to use your phones factory cable.  I don't see how this makes any sense but the cables have been plugged in the whole time.  I got the truck back a couple hours ago.  Going to see if it does it again without any cables plugged in.  

Long post to say maybe try a different cable?  I'll follow up if I figure anyting out.

Came to the forum today looking for someone with the same issue cause I don't really buy the answer....

Bob

• 1 year later...