Tow mirror ?

Just curious if anyone knows if there is a tow mirror accessory from gm that retains the power fold option and blind spot alerting etc...?

the one for $750 online says not compatible with vehicles with those options but I could have sworn there is a higher tier mirror that allows these functions.

I have a 20 AT4 with all the cameras and blind spot lane assist options.

I have 2020 AT4 with tow mirrors - the only "manual" function of the mirror is the "extension" of the mirror if you are towing is done manually.  They have all the tech and power folding in and out from inside thet truck.   My truck came with them as an option.

Pro's.

For towing the rear vision is far superior to standard mirrors (I had 2019 AT4 with standard mirrors). 

Con's

Mirrors are big and create large blind spots looking forward to the side

Standard mirrors look much nicer in my view (I tried to extension mirrors to these to improve rear visibility - but the don't work very well - no comparison to real tow mirrors)

Overall - if you tow an enclosed trailer - you need the tow mirrors - if an open trailer or boat, the standard with the cameras are probably ok.

There are a couple of extended threads from people who switched including a step by step hook up to get all the cameras and electrical working.   Here is one

link:  

Good luck! 

649394741_2020AT4w-trailers.thumb.jpg.2703ef3e644cd0af3c16d84403f6d586.jpg1767178234_TruckFox2.thumb.JPG.c7935ae8998a5481cfcd49aa771ce791.JPG

Edited by Supercup