How to keep my engine seals good

I understand that if an engine is left to sit for a long time, the seals will not hold oil and will need replacing.  I have a 2004 GMC Sierra with a 4.3L V6 and it is a parts truck.  The transmission is out, so I cannot start my engine.  I was wandering how I could put oil on the engine seals every week or so.  Does anybody have any ideas?  Would it be good enough to turn the engine shaft over a couple rounds by hand?  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Turning over a engine by hand isnt a bad thing, but you wont do much good to be honest. Seals will go dry unless they are lubricated.  The rear main is the one that normally gets the most damage by an engine not running, and will dry out.  That is usually the biggest one, you may want to replace it anyway since you have the tranny out.  Just a personal opinion, but if you plan on keeping that 6 to put in another truck or whatever you would be doing, while the engine is out its best to replace gaskets, and the rear main, plus plugs wires, or anything else hard to get to whilst the engine is in the truck.

Remove the fuel pump relay and just crank the starter for 15 seconds at a time every few minutes. The starter will turn the engine and turn the oil pump and build oil pressure to all the main parts of the engine.

Or just crawl under the truck and unbolt the torque converter from the flex plate, push it back so it doesn't touch and just start the engine and let it run. Very easy to do.