In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Good Morning,  I recently had to pay over $500.00 to correct a leak on my 2017 GMC Denali.  After a rain storm, I found water dripping in the interior of my GMC, down the driver's side frame/support at the front window and the driver's side door.  I found out that the water was coming from the Shark style antenna mounted on the roof, over the driver's side of the GMC.  I was told by the GMC technician that the problem was a leak/weep gap was facing towards the rear of the vehicle and slanted up.  This allowed for water to leak into the antenna housing, but had no way out - so it found a path into the GMC.  Their fix was simply to turn the gap towards the front of the vehicle which was now slanted down to allow for drainage.  GMC Document ID: 4828810 was sent out to the dealerships dated 02/14/2018 explaining the problem and how to correct it.

I understand that this is not a safety/Recall issue, but having known  about this problem starting in 2015 models and sending out a bulletin in 2018 - why am I having to pay for this fix which was a flaw in the design of the antenna system.  Also,  why was a notice not sent out to vehicle owners to allow them the choice to correct the problem at their convenience? 

If you are somewhat of a mechanic/"Wrench" you can fix the problem yourself with support from DIY videos...  I didn't have that option as I was not aware of the issue; I needed the vehicle because I was traveling out of town that weekend; I had to pay $150.00 (COVID price)to rent a car while the GMC was in the shop - all in all, because GMC did not notify the owners, it cost me over $650.00.  "Not Happy"

I did file a complaint with GMC (tracking # SR: 9-6755657757) Yet to hear back...

D S C