2015 suburban LTZ front blower not working

I have a 2015 suburban that I purchased a couple weeks ago. The front HVAC blower stopped working. It was working one day, amd then not the next and it hasnt worked since. Its been about a week now. If you turn off the controlls and then turn them back on the fan kicks on for a second and then shuts off. If i turn off the auto mode so i can control it manually, i can turn the blower up to high and it still does nothing. From my experience with past suburbans or silverados, this is usually a bad blower motor resistor. I looked and cannot find a resistor in the front, then after talking to a friend of mime, he said the newer model suburbans dont have a resistor in the front. So my question is, can someone shed some light on this issue? If the blower doesnt work, does that mean the blower motor needs to be replaced, or are there other components to this system i am not aware of? Anyone have any experience with this?

• 1 year later...

Having the same issue on my 2016 Suburban. There is actually no resistor on these trucks for the front fan, rather it's a circuit board attached to the blower motor itself that controls fan speed in relation to inputs from the rheostat-style dial on the HVAC controls.

I have seen a post on one other forum where a guy had his get wet due to a leak and replacing the whole blower motor/circuit board assembly solved his problem (I think). I'm actually replacing mine today in the hopes that it solves the problem. 

If that's not it, I'll be checking my G218 ground posts under the dash by the windshield as outlined in this guy's video: 

If that's not it, I'll be stumped. 

It doesn't seem like a lot of K2 truck owners are having this issue right now but I assume more will as time goes on. 

Edited by Prospect62