Anyone use CRC GDI Intake cleaner (or equiv)?

My plan has been to change oil/filter every 5k, and maybe use this stuff every 10k.  I'm coming up on 10k miles so I'm curious if anyone has used this intake cleaner, or one like it, on a 6.6.  Seems pretty simple/straightforward to apply, using the PCV line, and reviews and independent you-tube videos would indicate it does something beneficial.

Anyone tried it?  CRC GDI Cleaner

• 4 weeks later...

I started using it on my 2014 somewhere about the 3rd oil change.  I took off my air intake tube and drilled a small hole into the top of, it about 2 inches back from the edge, where it is clamped to the throttle body.  (First I found a small "cap plug" that would fit tightly into the 1/8" hole that I drilled)   I spray through the hole I drilled, directly into the throttle body.

Just before each oil change since back then, I spray the can of CRC GDI Cleaner into the engine as per the directions.  My engine was just apart for a DOD Delete cam swap (due to another failed AFM lifter) , and while torn down, I looked over the heads.   

Surprisingly they had minimal carbon build up on the intake valves.  

My thinking is, either its been way over-exaggerated about the carbon build up, or this CRC spray actually works ! 

• 2 weeks later...

So to answer my own original question... I decided to go ahead and do the treatment using CRC GDI cleaner, in conjunction with my 10k oil change this weekend.  Here's what I did:

You need to hold the engine at 2000 rpm while introducing the cleaner through a vacuum line.  I rigged up a piece of 2x6 lumber to fit between the gas pedal and the lower right bracket of the driver's seat.  Using the power seat adjustment it was easy to get the engine speed set and "locked" at 2000 rpm, without a second person having to hold their foot steady.

The easiest accessible vacuum line is the PCV tube that exits the valve cover right by the oil fill cap.  Once I had the high idle set, I disconnected this tube at the valve cover, inserted the wand from the can of cleaner and started spraying it in.  I did 1 second bursts at a time, maybe 1 second on, 2 seconds off.  The CRC can works upside down which was important given the orientation of the PCV tube.

While spraying the stuff in, the engine never stumbled, slowed, or showed any signs of "not operating normally".  It took about ~5-7 mins to get the entire can in.  (Pro Tip:  take your watch off before you do this- stainless steel watch band gets pretty hot when suspended in the fan-driven, high-volume air flow coming off the radiator.)

Can empty, I reattached the PCV tube to the valve cover, blipped the throttle to 3500rpm a couple of times using the gas pedal (per the directions) and shut it down to 'heat soak' for an hour (per the directions).  After an hour, started it up and drove it on the freeway for ~15 mins (per directions).  At no point was there heavy white smoke from the exhaust, not during the treatment or during the post-treatment drive.  The CEL did not come on at any point.

Returned home, put it on ramps and changed the oil/filter.  Done.

So... very simple to do provided you have a 2x6 (or an assistant) and a step stool (to reach anything under the hood).  Does it work, or is it $13 worth of snake oil?  Time will tell.  But now that I know it's this easy, I plan to do this going forward every 10k, changing oil/filter every 5k.  In the scheme of things, it can't hurt and much of what I've found online indicates the stuff won't clean a fouled engine after 100k, but it likely helps when used proactively/preventatively.