RADIO HAS BLACK SCREEN BUT REVERSE CAMERA WORKS

I have a problem on my 2017 Chevrolet Silverado were the touch screen won’t turn on at all unless I put the truck in reverse . The steering controls for the volume and radio station does work for a couple minutes and suddenly stop working. I already checked all the fuses the wiring but can’t figure out the issue. It happened whenever my battery died on me and switched it out for a new one. I hope someone can help me out thanks.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had my screen and radio go black and stop working on my 2016 and it drove me crazy towing out of town. Took it to the dealership and they had no idea what was causing it. We checked the fuses and wiring and found nothing. Eventually I pulled out the fuse on the passenger side for the amp and reinstalled it, and it went back to working. Later the same trip, I had another system go haywire. I pulled the fuse and put it back in and that cleared it up. I guess the fuses just all need to be pulled out and put back in once every 5 years or so. WEIRD!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Our display on our 2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD started having issues recently. Variations of errors included clock not displaying, phone not connecting, radio not working, only displaying backup camera, and then the final total black screen.  Sometimes turning the truck off and turning it back on would fix it.  For the last few days, there was nothing displayed, no radio, and no backup camera. I had researched forums, videos, and articles online.  I checked the fuse, checked all the connections behind the glovebox, and disconnected the battery.  None of these fixes worked for me. Then I remembered that on a Silverado forum, someone mentioned checking some wires under the dash on the driver's side.  Last night I looked and found this black module near the accelerator mounted on the side of the console.  I removed an reinstalled all 3 connections, turned on the key and immediately the GMC logo flashed on the screen and all things are operational.  I don't know what this module is or if it has anything to do with the Infotainment center, but what I did seemed to fix all my screen issues still as of today.  I will report back if any issues return.

20230609_104545.jpg

Edited by Dentil

31 minutes ago, Dentil said:

Our display on our 2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD started having issues recently. Variations of errors included clock not displaying, phone not connecting, radio not working, only displaying backup camera, and then the final total black screen.  Sometimes turning the truck off and turning it back on would fix it.  For the last few days, there was nothing displayed, no radio, and no backup camera. I had researched forums, videos, and articles online.  I checked the fuse, checked all the connections behind the glovebox, and disconnected the battery.  None of these fixes worked for me. Then I remembered that on a Silverado forum, someone mentioned checking some wires under the dash on the driver's side.  Last night I looked and found this black module near the accelerator mounted on the side of the console.  I removed an reinstalled all 3 connections, turned on the key and immediately the GMC logo flashed on the screen and all things are operational.  I don't know what this module is or if it has anything to do with the Infotainment center, but what I did seemed to fix all my screen issues still as of today.  I will report back if any issues return.

20230609_104545.jpg

In doing further research on the part number of this module, it appears to be a transfer case module, so I don't know how my messing with these wires could have fixed my problem, but who knows......

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the same problem as James223 and I have no idea what it I is I unplugged the battery and watched many videos and still nothing has worked I can turn the volume up or anything and another thing is on the dashboard it tells me audio off. Can anyone help 

5 hours ago, omarcortez said:

I have the same problem as James223 and I have no idea what it I is I unplugged the battery and watched many videos and still nothing has worked I can turn the volume up or anything and another thing is on the dashboard it tells me audio off. Can anyone help 

Reach out to WAMS, I'm sure they can help.
https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/