HD Radio

Byrds8

I just purchased a 2021 Sierra SLT this past Thursday. On the screen, it has the HD Radio button. However, when I press it, all audio goes away. It looks like it is still receiving signal but no audio. If I hit the button again, audio comes back. Any clue on why this would be or what I am doing wrong? I know some trucks didnt come with it but I would assume mine did if the button is there.

How do you tell the difference? I tried to look up on the internet and see if there were any HD stations in my area and it lists a good many. Granted, when I told my radio to browse, it didnt find any that are supposed to be in this area. Could it be the software is there as if it has an HD radio but there really isnt one installed?

Edited by Byrds8

the 2020 and the 2019 Silverado's have different radio's, the 2020 comes with the 360xl Sirius XM and my 2019 just has a plain SIRIUS XM hd radio, put it will pickup AM and FM  HD channels, just scan in your local area.

Edited by tbare54