Enclosed trailer and a 1500

Looking for advice from those that pull enclosed trailers. I have a 5.3 without max tow and looking at moving cross country this summer. My preference is to pack as much as possible in an enclosed trailer, move and sell the trailer. I intend to use a WDH, I probably will find an aluminum trailer.

I don’t think I am going to tow more than 7/8k lbs, so I’m really looking at floor space/volume. Is a 20x8 out of line for my truck? What’s the biggest size I can tow? Am I better off going shorter and 8/8.5’ wide or 7’ wide and longer? 

• 1 month later...

i pull a 14x8 footer , and have done the t-stat upgrade to a katec 175, and deleted the trans stat my trans stays at 145-160 F while towing.. keep it in 5th gear and cruise at 60mph dont go faster than this. too much drag,  crosswinds will take you out above this speed and trans will overheat 70mph and faster .  i never used WDH but i keep my set up light too.

Also switch engine oil to 5w-30 redline

i definatly recomend installing the 6.2 radiator if this is a full time thing

you can tow a larger trailer is you get a 5th wheel trailer.

i prefer the narrow trailer, its easier down tight roads , and less drag, and you dont need to buy goofy mirror extensions

Edited by pokismoki