Airlift options for DRW?

Hi all,

I've been towing just fine for the past year with my 2021 3500 DRW without any modifications, but when I throw a ton of weight (literally) in the back or hitch it can get a bit bouncy. I had an Airlift 5000 kit on my previous Sierra 1500 and it was amazing for towing our heavy travel trailer (which was way too heavy for a 1500, which is part of what lead to the upgrade...).

I looked into putting air on the new truck but its not clear whether anything will actually fit a DRW truck. The AirLift website says that the 7500 XL kits won't fit "commercial chassis" which isn't really specific, but might mean DRW. The 4WheelParts website specifically says the 7500 XL kit only fits SRW trucks. Since nearly every vehicle fitment search stops at "3500" and everything fits SRW, its impossible to really search for only DRW. And yes, I understand the irony of the 7500lb air bags not fitting the DRW...

Anyone out there have any experience putting air suspension on a DRW truck and know specifically that certain kits will fit?

Edited by John FX

Quick update; I spoke with a guy at my local 4WheelParts today and put in an order for the Airlift 7500XL kit that should fit the truck. He said that theyve installed it on duallys before so it shouldn’t be an issue, and the website is usually too restrictive with the fit information. The compressor is on back order so I don’t know when it will actually be installed. I’ll update the post once I know more!

Another update for posterity:

Parts already came in, scheduled to be installed next week. I again double checked when the guy called that everything would fit my dually. He went to the shop to check with the people there and everyone agreed that it should fit depending on how the 5th Wheel prep sits on the frame. I'll find out next week!

• 1 year later...