Touch screen not sensing touch

Hello, my wife's 19 suburban the touch screen has not been working correctly for the last few months. Sometimes it senses touches on its own and sometimes it does work for a short period of time. cold or hot outside doesn't seem to change anything. The screen does not to appear to be damaged. We have only owned it for about 10 months. Is the best option to just replace it or is there a way to repair the current screen or is something else causing this?

Thank You

There is a company called OEMCARAUDIO on ebay that you can send your unit to for repair.  There's also another company called upfix.com that is highly praised by Vehcor on youtube.  

I have dealt with the former many years ago for a small repair and had good service.

On 3/16/2022 at 3:42 PM, Chadwilliam1 said:

In case anyone else finds this OEMCARAUDIO will repair it for $325 plus shipping and upfix.com doesn't work on these.

Let us know how it works out when you get it back.  Have considered replacing my unit with an aftermarket but the companies and the units don't seem to last.  Still trying to get HERE! to do a map update.

Ill report back. Its there the instructions they gave me said do not ship the bracket. Well they called me because they need the bracket to diagnose it and repair it. So I boxed the bracket up and shipping it out today.  The problem with aftermarket is they are so busy and difficult to use. My wife needs simple.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2022 at 11:13 AM, swathdiver said:

Let us know how it works out when you get it back.  Have considered replacing my unit with an aftermarket but the companies and the units don't seem to last.  Still trying to get HERE! to do a map update.

So the instructions they give you when shipping in your screen says do not include the bracket. So I removed the screen from the entire bracket and shipped it in. They then called me and said they need the bracket. So I shipped the bracket in and they determined my screen was not repairable. They sold me a refurbished unit for $625 so I did that. I got it back Saturday night and put it in Sunday morning an it works like it should. If it goes out again i will go aftermarket.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 4/5/2022 at 1:51 AM, Chadwilliam1 said:

So the instructions they give you when shipping in your screen says do not include the bracket. So I removed the screen from the entire bracket and shipped it in. They then called me and said they need the bracket. So I shipped the bracket in and they determined my screen was not repairable. They sold me a refurbished unit for $625 so I did that. I got it back Saturday night and put it in Sunday morning an it works like it should. If it goes out again i will go aftermarket.

Just so you know, there is a cheaper alternative. I had the same issue with my 2016 Tahoe. After a while of looking for cost effective solutions, I just ignored it because i grew accustomed to using the menu knob to navigate the screen. Then I found this video on YouTube.

It turns out that the digitizer was bad. I was skeptical but gave it a try anyway. Works like a charm now. Here is the part I purchased for $40 bucks:

https://www.amazon.com/Getfarway-DJ080PA-01A-Compatible-Navigation-Durability/dp/B0B7RNVV5G

I’m sure you have the tools since you have removed the screen before. If it happens again, Fix it. I’m sure the company you purchased from just performed the work done in the video on another unit and sold you it for $625. They also kept yours to fix it and sell it the the next guy. Hope this helps