Ok so I had a u1510 code. Refused to pay 250 to 300 for a whole assembly. I eventually found an actuator for sale new on eBay. I did check what wiring I could without an oscilloscope. Anyway I replaced the actuator and fixed the U1510 code. I took out all the shutters except for the 2 the actuator is connected to. So now my problem is I have a p059f code. With a bidirectional scan tool I can open and close the shutters. My guess is that the ecm isn't seeing the coolant temperature rise enough and it knows that the shutters aren't closed. Specifically I would like to know what parameters there are for the shutters to open/close. What are the conditions of the p059f code. A schematic would be helpful if someone would be able to shre with ground locations. Thanks 

12 hours ago, Rocky Horn said:

Ok so I had a u1510 code. Refused to pay 250 to 300 for a whole assembly. I eventually found an actuator for sale new on eBay. I did check what wiring I could without an oscilloscope. Anyway I replaced the actuator and fixed the U1510 code. I took out all the shutters except for the 2 the actuator is connected to. So now my problem is I have a p059f code. With a bidirectional scan tool I can open and close the shutters. My guess is that the ecm isn't seeing the coolant temperature rise enough and it knows that the shutters aren't closed. Specifically I would like to know what parameters there are for the shutters to open/close. What are the conditions of the p059f code. A schematic would be helpful if someone would be able to shre with ground locations. Thanks 

Hmm.  You posted in the HD section, but I assume since you have shutters, you have a 1500?

Or...better yet, what truck do you own?  Year?  1500?  HD?  

Anyway....

P059F is active shutter performance code.  Sets if the shutters can't find their commanded position in a 5 minute period.  Its quite likely either your "new" used shutter assembly is junk, or you removing the blades in there isn't allowing the shutter to function correctly.  Code isn't tied to temperatures.  

Edited by newdude

Yes I am new to the forums and haven't posted much. Sorry for posting in the wrong place. Anyway yes its a 1500. 2017 silverado with about 170k. The so called new part from eBay did ha e the same markings as oem and part number. It would be nice to find parts at the dealer. Ok so when I command the shutters open/closed how does the ecm know the position. Is there a re-learn command that my scanner doesn't have the option for?

When I command it open/close it just goes till it hits the stops.

I didn't change the whole assembly just the actuator.  I find it ridiculous to change the whole assembly for just a $50 or less actuator. 

Edited by Rocky Horn
After thoughts and additional info