Can you "flip the pill" on a 2014 4.3 Silverado?

26 minutes ago, 2015regcablongbed said:

Thanks.  I thought they were for the 8 cylinder types.  The original poster had one in his 4.3L  ... maybe a typo.

Yes I love it, it works for the 4.3 as well. Having a 6 cyl cut back to 4 is crazy in my opinion, it doesn't seem to effect my mpg but makes it drive so much better when it stays in 6. I also think it will help with preventing the lifter failure as well.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, rav3 said:

I like mine & would buy it again. One negative issue for me in NC, is, NC still requires emissions testing annually and the Range disabler doesn't allow the ECU to record this so has to be removed several days of running in order for my truck to pass. Otherwise, I real enjoy the V8 running on all cylinders & hope this may increase life of lifters. FYI, I bought mine off of FB Market place for cheaper.

I am also in NC however the county I am in doesn't require emissions testing. Maybe yours will be that way soon.

Hmm, I had no idea that was going on under my hood.  Good thing I'm not a parent.  thanks for the reply.

3 minutes ago, Jayselectricco said:

Yes I love it, it works for the 4.3 as well. Having a 6 cyl cut back to 4 is crazy in my opinion, it doesn't seem to effect my mpg but makes it drive so much better when it stays in 6. I also think it will help with preventing the lifter failure as well.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, 2015regcablongbed said:

Hmm, I had no idea that was going on under my hood.  Good thing I'm not a parent.  thanks for the reply.

Your welcome! If it has a pending code, or check engine light on it won't go to V4. If you scroll through the dash info thing at any of the screens that show MPG it will show you when it changes. The V6 or V8 in the corner will turn green and show V4.

52 minutes ago, Jayselectricco said:

It's could be the 2015 WT version I have doesn't include this system.  I've never seen anything like that while scrolling through the screens.   I guess I got more homework to do.

3 minutes ago, 2015regcablongbed said:

It's could be the 2015 WT version I have doesn't include this system.  I've never seen anything like that while scrolling through the screens.   I guess I got more homework to do.

Not on mine either. I use a Linear Logic Scan Gauge II for that function. Soon I hope the III model.  :)

• Like 3