Public Service Announcement - 2014-2018 Oil Pump Concerns P06DD

2014 Silverado with 4.3L.  Started getting the dreaded P06DD and clearing code would only keep it away for a few days at the most.  Noticed my oil pressure was about 10 lbs high. Searched forums and had accepted the fact that I would need to have the oil pump replaced.  I then realized this code started about two weeks after an oil change at a local independent shop.  I know how shops use the same oil in every vehicle they service.  I had read from a certified GM tech that incorrect oil rating or viscosity could cause this and to be sure you are always using a Delco filter.   Decided to change the oil and filter myself with 5W30 Mobil 1 that is Dexos rated and a Delco PF63 filter.  My oil pressure came down around 8-10 lbs immediately and the light has not returned after six months and another oil change.

I wonder if there is a difference using the Mobil1  0w20 high mileage (I have a 5.3) vs the 0W20 dexos oil.  I usually use the dexos oil but they didn't have it so I went with the high mileage oil.  I started getting the 06DD code also.  after I clear it, sometimes takes weeks to come back.