Vehicles Aren't The Only Products That Can Be Hard To Get

diyer2

We have been having problems with our black Samsung side by side refrigerator, it came with the house. Previous owners left the papers for it so it's 7 years old. This fridge has been a lemon. Ice maker failed, water dispenser holding tank freezes up so no chilled water out of the door. When it does a defrost cycle a pool of water forms on the bottom of the fridge side sometimes and when you open the door water runs out on the floor. Yes, I checked the drain tube. In the last 2 years I have put $500 dollars in parts into it. 

We decided to replace it in October of 22, with a Whirlpool side by side. They said up to 2 months to get it.

Paid for the Whirlpool and waited 119 days to get it. They kept delaying delivery. 

The fridge is being delivered today, the wife is happy she will not have to clean up water anymore.

We were told the delay was due to wanting black. The rest of the appliances are black.

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, diyer2 said:

We have been having problems with our black Samsung side by side refrigerator, it came with the house. Previous owners left the papers for it so it's 7 years old. This fridge has been a lemon. Ice maker failed, water dispenser holding tank freezes up so no chilled water out of the door. When it does a defrost cycle a pool of water forms on the bottom of the fridge side sometimes and when you open the door water runs out on the floor. Yes, I checked the drain tube. In the last 2 years I have put $500 dollars in parts into it. 

We decided to replace it in October of 22, with a Whirlpool side by side. They said up to 2 months to get it.

Paid for the Whirlpool and waited 119 days to get it. They kept delaying delivery. 

The fridge is being delivered today, the wife is happy she will not have to clean up water anymore.

We were told the delay was due to wanting black. The rest of the appliances are black.

We also had a Samsung fridge side by side with the pull out freezer door on the bottom I hated it food would always work its way to the bottom and you had to dig through it to get what you needed. Anyway the fridge was about 12yrs old and the back panel would leak water and fill up the bottom under the pullout drawer (same as you) after many many tries to stop it we finally gave up and bought a Frigidaire side by side with the full freezer on the left. One other thing was it was noisy it would make popping noises all the time. We didn't have the issues with the ice maker, water dispenser just the leaking water and the popping sounds.

We picked up our Frigidaire the same day at Lowes at around early November of 2022.

• Sad 1