Passenger seat manual to power help needed

Hello All,

Trying to pass power through on the passenger seat but the holes are blocked off. Driver was easy, just pull out plug and insert new wires. But not the case on the passenger side. Has anyone else had this? If so what did you do?

Drill it? Would be terrified of going all the way through and rendering it useless. 
Buy a new connector? Tried searching connector part numbers and none seem to show whether they are the same or not. 

B8A0541E-4EDC-434B-B709-CBDB75E3A954.jpeg

I’ve had a few carefully drill it out. You won’t be able to fine that connector to repin unless you find one at a salvage yard and cut it off. 

• Like 1

Ok. Thanks for the reply. How much of a pain is it to fully remove the tpa? To give me a good chance to minimize drilling damage. Haven’t found much on that even in the body builder manuals. 

Just wanted to circle back on this and share what I did. I didn’t take any pictures of the process. So I will try to explain what I did best I can. 
I de-pinned everything and got the connector off.

Then removed the black portion inside the connector. There are 4 tabs that hold it in. I had to push them away from the black portion then pull on the purple tpa. See first picture. 

Once I got that out, the connector housing is just a shell.

I used a screwdriver to break off the tab inside and then a drill bit in my hand to clean up the rest of the tab inside the hole.  See second picture. 

Once I did that, I lined up the hole in the drill press and sent it on through. 

For the power wire in Phil’s kit, 5/32 seemed to work best, for the ground, it was 5/16. 

F1D3932C-F93F-4D36-B81A-B179B22DB7D0.jpeg

2622E369-E2A3-432D-8AD7-CFB8FCBBE8D7.jpeg

Edited by tuckin22