2022 GMC Yukon XL stuck in tow/haul mode

jmorin

Question

I have a 2022 Yukon XL AT4. Wife is out of town and took our camper. After getting to the destination and unhooking, the display states all the messages that the lights, etc are not working on the camper. It also appears to be in tow-haul mode, because the MPG readings are like its towing, even thought the camper is no longer hooked up. Fuse or something bigger?

2 answers to this question

Should still be under warranty. I'd let GM figure out their shoddy parts selection and engineering. This is the only case in which I recommend a dealer repair - an active warranty.

1 hour ago, jmorin said:

I have a 2022 Yukon XL AT4. Wife is out of town and took our camper. After getting to the destination and unhooking, the display states all the messages that the lights, etc are not working on the camper. It also appears to be in tow-haul mode, because the MPG readings are like its towing, even thought the camper is no longer hooked up. Fuse or something bigger?

Tow/Haul mode will stay on for 4 hours once it has been turned on.  It will revert back to normal mode after 4 hours.  So if you shut the truck off, unhooked and then started it back up, it will keep tow/haul on.  You can just turn the drive mode knob and take it out of tow/haul if it does this.  

_ Tow/Haul Mode

Use this mode when hauling heavy loads to provide increased performance and vehicle control. Tow/Haul Mode adjusts the transmission shift pattern, steering, and Electronic Stability Control (ESC) performance.

If the vehicle is turned off while in Tow/Haul Mode and then restarted within four hours or less, it will remain active. Otherwise, the vehicle will start in Normal Mode.

As for the lights not working, could be a faulty trailer lighting control module.  Check fuses 7, 9 and 31 in the underhood fuse block if any are blown.