Keyless Entry on a 2019 Colorado

JBianco74

Question

I recently bought a 2019 Colorado WT that does have power door locks but no key fobs. I am wondering if it has a keyless entry receiver so I can simply get fobs and program them. Where would I find the receiver, if the truck has one? If it does not have one, is there an easy aftermarket solution I can install? Appreciate the help! 

1 answer to this question

On 10/15/2023 at 1:33 PM, JBianco74 said:

I recently bought a 2019 Colorado WT that does have power door locks but no key fobs. I am wondering if it has a keyless entry receiver so I can simply get fobs and program them. Where would I find the receiver, if the truck has one? If it does not have one, is there an easy aftermarket solution I can install? Appreciate the help! 

High probability that you can (but its possible it might not work).  Why?  Tire pressure monitor system operates using the same receiver as the key fobs, so its all ready in the truck.

You need a fob and access to a bi-directional scan tool to access BCM functions.  Once in, you can then find the function for programming fobs and try to add it.  I did it on a 2018 Silverado WT that had power locks but no fob and it worked, so it should on a Colorado too.