2nd tier bed loading

Since I retired 2 years ago I got back into ice fishing. I don't use a shelter and there are some days the wind is whipping pretty good. I wear an ice fishing flotation suit that keeps me warm but my fingers will get cold cold even with my back to the wind. I'm considering getting a 1 man shelter next year. Most are ~ 37" wide. The wood boxes in my truck are 30" apart where I keep a Jet Sled in between.

I decided to get three 2x6's and cut for three of the slots for 2nd tier loading in the bed. I can put some plywood on it to keep some of the snow out of the boxes. Could also use it to get plywood, etc and not have to take stuff out of the truck. Also have a utility trailer for hauling stuff. Either way, it gave me something to do the other day when the weather was nice.

Boards were cut to 72 1/8" and were a little tough to slide though the bed slots at an angle to get them in. Then I measured 1/4" from each end and cut a 45 degree bevel. 

2nd tier boards.jpg

2nd tier board bevel.jpg

• Like 1