Rim change/photoshop request

Allrighty, have a 99 Silverado with the Z71 rims on it as seen below. I noticed at the dealer yesterday that the 05's now have new rims with center rings somewhat similar to what the 2500 series trucks have had for a while...the lugnut covers are visible and the trim ring isn't flush like on my rims. My question, would the new style rings fit on my Z71 rims, and of course, how would it look? I tried for a min to try to find pictures of the new rims. Let's see if this works.Chevy photos

The new rims are on the second row, seond picture from the left. Ah, I just noticed Irymal has the same type only in the chrome in his signature.

Hmm, I like mine currently, but I also like the center caps on the new ones...or the NBS 2500 trucks...similar to what the photochop was. That's what I was curious about really, could you replace the flat center caps I have on the Z71 rims with those newer 2500-esque ones? Would it fit(I'd think so due to the lug pattern) and would the color match? Hopefully I cleared up my thoughts.

Ok, now I think I got it. You want to keep your current wheels, but you like the newer caps. Something like this...

truck3.jpg

I can't tell you whether they will fit or not, but let me know if this is the look you're after.

Ozzie

I can't tell you whether they will fit or not, but let me know if this is the look you're after.

Ozzie

As the late Ray Charles once said in some soft drink commercials, "You got the right one baby". Nice work. Anyone else have thoughts on the look on those? And I may have to see if a dealer has them and would let me see the fit.

I think it looks awesome with those center caps.  I have the same rims you have, and I like the flush caps, too.  It's hard for me to decide which caps look better, but the new caps would be a nice change if they fit.

Those caps have been on the cheap-ass wheels since 99. They won't fit on the alloys, they are too wide to fit in the hole.

Great minds think alike apparently. I've always liked the way the 2500 rims look. Even on the Dodge's when they switched the look in 94. Of course I love my Z71 rims too. I just wish they'd come out with something 2500-ish for the 1/2 tons. Those cheap ones have the similar caps, but I just don't like the look of the whole rim really. It looks weak/dinky.

Archived