Any Missouri members, I need some help.

linhardt

I live in Jefferson City and own a '03 silverado ext cab long bed 4X4.

Here is my problem. I am wanting to have a Magnaflow installed and because of my style of truck Magnaflow does not have a catback that fits. They only have ones that fit short beds. So I am trying to go the route of buy a Magnaflow muffler and having a custom mandrel bent stainless steel installed. Problem is that no one in Central MO does that kind of work or have a mandrel bender.

Does anyone know of any shops around Central MO or Stl. Louis that could do that work?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hey Linhardt, I grew up in Jeff City!

If you are only going to put a muffler on I wouldn't worry about the mandrel bent pipes. You won't gain enough to warrant going on a road trip. Any of the local muffler shops should be able to fit the new muffler. I had some work done at Custom Muffler quite a few years ago (like about 26 years ago, god that makes me feel old!) and never had any problems with their work. Just ask around and someone should be able to point you in the right direction.

Definitely do what makes you happy, the above is just my 2 cent's worth.

Thanks all, The muffler is on the way and I am going the route of just a regular custom muffler setup like MyBigToy stated. After searching around seems the gain is not much on mandrel bent mufflers compared to regular. It is mainly the muffler that makes the difference.

Archived