Diesel and Exhaust Smoke

So I received this letter from Sacramento with my license plate #, etc..saying that I need to go get my truck fixed cuz of the blk diesel smoke. I've never been pulled over or anything so not sure how they found out. They state to go get it fixed and send the letter back with the parts they changed..

I thought blk smoke from diesels was normal?

Anyone ever heard of something like this before?

Man, I really don't miss California. I too thought the black smoke was normal for a diesel. I got pulled over last summer visiting my brother in CA for my muffler, Gibson Dual Sport, 50 state legal and all. Cop claimed any modification was illegal, and told me to change my CO plates because he had "seen me around," I had been town for 4 days. My brother went on to tell me they had ticketed every Mustang that came out of a Club get together in Santa Barbara for being too loud, they seriously had 6 cops sitting there waiting for people to drive out so they could ticket them. A few months latter a huge BMW convention that normally got around 7,000 guess to show, only had about 500 because no one wanted to be bothered. Great job screwing over the local shops/hotels. They regularly pull over my Dad's friend who lives there, he has a turboed Z350, and they pull him over everytime they hear the blow off valve to "warn him to not hot rod." Another famil friend had a lifted, supercharged 1996 truck and they got rid off it after getting pulled over almost everytime they took the truck out, it was a weekend play toy. I am still pissed about the ticket, even though I got it taken away without paying for it. So stay out of Santa Barbara if you have mods to your truck.

Just send it back and say it was a bad Knooter Valve and Muffler Bearing. I'd keep a copy and frame it though because that's pretty funny that they can't figure out that a diesel is going to do that.

yeah really huh....i can't believe this....I dont think they know its a diesel but either way they sent me this response form and Imma just put on there that i took it to the dealer and had them checked out and that i bought some diesel additive and end of that...

when everyone in that state gets smart and vote them morons out maybe the state would be worthy.

seems to me with the disadvantages of the state in general most people would leave the place!

People say this is a "FREE COUNTRY" but most are to busy to realize how it is not a free country by anymeans!! sure it may be better then most but Far Cry from being a free country!! granted you have to support the economy but ............

well anyway I will not go on... this is a BIG soapbox for me.. I could go on for days!

I would pay the ticket, then get a attorney in that sue happy state and fight them and GM or who ever makes the engine.. oh and don't forget the fuel company and vender! after all they make the fuel so poorly these days they to have a part in it smoking.

But then what would the point be? I heard on the news where they are passing a idling ban on all diesel trucks.. so time to MOVE!!

I said it for the many years of Driving a truck it really would be funny to see all trucks stay out of CA. period!! No fuel trucks, No delievery of any kind!!! then let them b!tch about Diesel!!!!!

oh well Nuf Said, I gotta take my blood pressure meds now.. LoL

This is not a citation, just an advisory letter...either way, this is a crock of $xxt.

on the bottom of the letters says:Studies have concluded that high smoke levels do not necessarily require major engine repairs. Some of the most common causes of high smoke levels in heady duty diesel vehicles are:

Dirty/clogged air filter

fouled injectors

injection pump maladjusted

throttle delay maladjusted

:smash: I THINK YOU OTTA TURN UP THE PROGRAM TO ABOUT 100 HP, STAND ON IT... TAKE SOME PICTURES, AND TELL EM.... NOW THATS SMOKE & IT STILL AIN'T BROKE!!!!!!!  TREE HUGGERS ANYWAY :( SKEY

What is your point? Are you contesting scientific evidence, showing your dismay for laws enacted by elected official as the free will of the people or are you lamenting your personal interpretation of freedom?

Do your tuning, fix obvious perception problems and stay below the radar instead. The last thing I need is people like you deliberately attracting attention by intentionally annoying people to the point it will make life harder for me!

When I lived in CA, they advertised on the radio that ANYONE can report a smoking vehicle and they even told you the 900 number to call. They call it a 'gross polluter' or something like that. They figured obvious smoke out the tailpipe mean a gross polluter. With so many environuts in CA the state could enlist tons of righteous citizens to be their smog cops. So, if the person next to you in traffic doesn't like the way your vehicle smokes, they call it in on their cell phone and the state sends you a letter.

And, no, diesels are desgined not to smoke most of the time. Especially is CA. Particulate traps and all that.

DEWFPO

I THOUGHT THE POINT WAS THAT HE WAS MINDING HIS OWN BUSINESS !!!! WHEN SOME UNELECTED OR APPOINTED PERSON DECIDED, THAT MORE THAN LIKELY A VERY INSIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF SMOKE FROM A DIESEL WAS SOMETHING TO WHINE ABOUT !!!!! THATS MY POINT !!! I'VE DRIVEN DIESELS SINCE 1992 (TILL THIS LAST TRUCK) HAVE LISTENED TO WHINING ABOUT THE POLUTION, SMELL, ECT FOR YEARS FROM PEOPLE THAT HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT WHAT POLUTES MORE A GASER OR A DIESEL.. TRUST ME A GASER BY FAR!!! BELIEVE ME MY BELIEF IS JUST LIKE YOU STAY OUT OF THE SPOTLIGHT DON'T AGRAVATE PEOPLE, ENJOY LIFE & MIND MY OWN BUSINESS !!!! :smash: GOD BLESS THE USA

I THOUGHT THE POINT WAS THAT HE WAS MINDING HIS OWN BUSINESS !!!! WHEN SOME UNELECTED OR APPOINTED PERSON DECIDED, THAT MORE THAN LIKELY A VERY INSIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF SMOKE FROM  A DIESEL WAS SOMETHING TO WHINE ABOUT !!!!! THATS MY POINT !!!  I'VE DRIVEN DIESELS SINCE 1992 (TILL THIS LAST TRUCK) HAVE LISTENED TO WHINING ABOUT THE POLUTION, SMELL, ECT FOR YEARS FROM PEOPLE THAT HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT WHAT POLUTES MORE A GASER OR A DIESEL.. TRUST ME A GASER BY FAR!!! BELIEVE ME MY BELIEF IS JUST LIKE YOU STAY OUT OF THE SPOTLIGHT DON'T AGRAVATE PEOPLE, ENJOY LIFE & MIND MY OWN BUSINESS !!!! :smash:  GOD BLESS THE USA

Bro, good post and all but a little insight for you: The caps lock button is on the left end of the keyboard right in the middle top to bottom.

No need to "yell" to get your point across. :(

I THOUGHT THE POINT WAS THAT HE WAS MINDING HIS OWN BUSINESS !!!! WHEN SOME UNELECTED OR APPOINTED PERSON DECIDED, THAT MORE THAN LIKELY A VERY INSIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF SMOKE FROM  A DIESEL WAS SOMETHING TO WHINE ABOUT !!!!! THATS MY POINT !!!  I'VE DRIVEN DIESELS SINCE 1992 (TILL THIS LAST TRUCK) HAVE LISTENED TO WHINING ABOUT THE POLUTION, SMELL, ECT FOR YEARS FROM PEOPLE THAT HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT WHAT POLUTES MORE A GASER OR A DIESEL.. TRUST ME A GASER BY FAR!!! BELIEVE ME MY BELIEF IS JUST LIKE YOU STAY OUT OF THE SPOTLIGHT DON'T AGRAVATE PEOPLE, ENJOY LIFE & MIND MY OWN BUSINESS !!!! :smash:   GOD BLESS THE USA

Bro, good post and all but a little insight for you: The caps lock button is on the left end of the keyboard right in the middle top to bottom.

No need to "yell" to get your point across. :(

sorry just habit this is the way we do it at my company..... skey

Archived