Anyone else's mirrors sing with the music?

At speeds of about 50-65 mph, my mirrors whistle. Sometimes worse than

at other times. The mirrors on my 02 never did this but they had the chrome

plastic on them. The ones on the 05 are just black. I wonder if it's possible to

replace the black peice with the chrome trim. Hmmm...

Taking it to the dealer this morning to see what they have to say about it.

Not expecting to hear much from them.

It will do it while accelerating up to 65, cruising anywhere between 50-65 and

also decelerating(sp). When decelerating(sp), the noise goes away at about 45-50.

Strangest darn thing.

Anyone else have this and have a fix? Turn the music up louder?

Seen this on the Trailblazer when there's a gap between the "skull cap" portion of the mirror and the body. Have never seen it on a C/K truck. On the TB, they'd make noise even with the windows open, so simply laying your hand on top of the mirror would stop the noise and prove that was the problem.

Do you have a bug deflector on the truck?  Many times, this will cause the air flow to distort and by the time it gets to the mirrors, it will whistle.  I have had this on 2 of my previous trucks and choose not to add one to this truck (not to mention I have not see one that I think looks good).

Same thing I was going to ask!

Do you have a bug deflector on the truck?  Many times, this will cause the air flow to distort and by the time it gets to the mirrors, it will whistle.  I have had this on 2 of my previous trucks and choose not to add one to this truck (not to mention I have not see one that I think looks good).

I don't have a bug deflector on it. :cheers: It's still at the dealer, they

haven't called yet. I'm expecting them to say either we don't hear

it, or it's normal. Oh well. I tried. I was going to ask them to take the mirrors off

and drive it, but if they don't figure it out, I will do that myself. I guess the biggest pain isn't really the noise, it's just not knowing what's causing it.

gnutruk - Yep, she's mine, errr, I'm hers, hahaha! She'll be 10 this year. Still acts like a puppy. She is great. It's kinda funny. She was a Christmas present to my wife, but she is more my dog. She growls at my wife. :(

Here are a couple more pics. She's a Samoyed and comes from a line of sled dogs. Big, big paws fopr her size. She's about 65 lbs.

13367313.jpg

5738583.jpg

5738595.jpg

Okay. I got the truck back from the dealer. They fixed a problem I didn't even know I had :( BUT, they didn't fix the wind noise. I was starting to think all kinds of weird things that could be causing it, but decided to take another 05 GMC for a drive to see what happened. It was a crew cab, 4x4 and guess what? It did the same exact thing at the same exact speeds. At least I know now it isn't just my truck. It is definately coming from the mirrors. Both sides of the truck do it.

Now, does anyone know the part # for the chrome piece that they used to put on the 01-02 trucks? The mirrors are exactly the same except for that. I think with the carbon body color, chrome step bars and chrome trim on the side that's already on it, the chrome mirrors would look good, and may fix this problem.

Thanks! :cheers:

So since you do not have a bug deflector, put one on and see if it changes the airflow.

I think I'm gonna put on some of those new snap fit ventvisors(the ones where you

don't need to stick them to the metal with the double sided tape) and see if that

changes the flow any. If I can get the chrome mirror parts from gmdirect or a dealer, I will do that too.

Went to Pep Boys on Kirkwood Hwy last night looking for the ventvisors. They had them for every single vehicle under the sun, except for Chevy/GMC fullsize. :seeya:

Archived