Goodmark Hood Issue

I have a 03 Silverado SS which I have the Goodmark Cowl hood installed. This winter I had something occur that I never thought would have happened and I was wondering if it has happened to any other Goormark hood owners.

I had my hood open and went to start the engine forgetting that the wipers were turned on and the wiper arms scraped the paint of the back edge of the hood. On the drivers side the arm actually jumped on top pf the hood and did damage.

I contacted Goodmark and the swear that they have no knowledge of this happening before. And that they never thought that anyone would open their hoods while have the wipers on ( BS in my opinion).

If this has happened to anyone else could you please pm me with a message stating so. I would like to pass this info on to Goodmark. My whole reason for contacting them was to see if they had any kind of warning or disclaimer about this happening, and if not, suggesting that they should.

Picture153.jpg

156-web.jpg

Um no offence but why should they be responsible for not making a disclaimer. If I back up with my door open and catch it on a tree is it GMC fault. Sorry to hear about what happen, but what your doing is what is wrong with this fricking country. NO Body wants to take personal responsibility for there actions

Um no offence but why should they be responsible for not making a disclaimer. If I back up with my door open and catch it on a tree is it GMC fault. Sorry to hear about what happen, but what your doing is what is wrong with this fricking country. NO Body wants to take personal responsibility for there actions

Hey Rookie your missing the point. I 'm not asking Goodmark for nothing, zip, zero, nada....etc....etc...... Where in my post does it say that I am?

I did it and I take full responsibilty for my actions. I will pay to have this damage fixed myself, no big deal, it's chump change for me.

And before you start generalizing my post as " this is what wrong with this country" why dont you take the time to find out all the "frickin" facts? and by the I don't think you analgy is even comparable.

All I'm trying to acomplish is to bring to their attention that they might want to start including a disclamer with their product that this could occur under this condition.

I know of 5 other people that this has happend to so far.

If I spent 300+ on that kind of hood, before opening it I think my ass would start the truck first. Thats just my view on the whole thing, I mean it kinda falls under common sense. Ether you have it or you dont.

I have done stupid things heck I even backed up and wacked off a side mirror when I was younger. s**t happens, you f**ked up a expensive hood. Now you can ehter fix it or replace it. Or do what most do and live with it.

I am not bashing anyone, just telling it like it is.

:flag:

A little off topic, but I was wondering what all the people that got different hoods did with there old ones. Seems kind large to leave sitting around and I already have a growing pile of parts left over from other swaps.

No man that should be right on topic! I have a box full of parts. Crap I even have a set of foglights, oem intake, a 8" bazooka tube, all my oem stock lights, and I think I remember seeing my antenna.

What should I do with that crap?

Those hoods make for great tobaggans, man do they zing down hill, just watch out for those humps/bumps as the hood will detach itself from you.............. :D

Inner tubes were good also .......well, untill you ended up face down in the middle with your buddies on top of you..........nasty face wash..............:cool:

:cool:

John

A little off topic, but I was wondering what all the people that got different hoods did with there old ones. Seems kind large to leave sitting around and I already have a growing pile of parts left over from other swaps.

No man that should be right on topic! I have a box full of parts. Crap I even have a set of foglights, oem intake, a 8" bazooka tube, all my oem stock lights, and I think I remember seeing my antenna.

What do you want for the Bazooka?? does it look and work like new?

Ha! Your pile pales in comparison to mine! :D

I've got the stock grills (not just the inserts) from both my trucks, two sets of stock wheels/tires with 285s mounted on them, pretty much an entire front end in parts for the Blazer (all Moog parts to boot), tons of stereo stuff, ujoints, wiper motors, two stock Chevy steering wheels off of the Blazer, nerf bars for an OBS extended cab (I never even had one of those trucks), front valance off of an '02....

Gawd, I need to start selling crap on Ebay. :D

Those hoods make for great tobaggans, man do they zing down hill, just watch out for those humps/bumps as the hood will detach itself from you.............. :cool:

Inner tubes were good also .......well, untill you ended up face down in the middle with your buddies on top of you..........nasty face wash..............:D

:cool:

John

The hood...Um...Trunk...Um....The part off of the front end of an old Bug...Works TONS better for this. Much better shape for it, and you can fit 12 kids in there. :)

What do you want for the Bazooka?? does it look and work like new?

Its a good working bazooka tube. 8" small got a few scratches on the outside, but I hooked it up to my amp about 2 months ago and it still works. Sounded pretty good. But I am getting something custom built.

Make me some offer, or give me something I need......how a d-link dp-311p printer to wifi adapter. about 50$ on ebay. or some blank dvd-r's ? like a 50 pack? or SD memory card 512mb?

Archived