Daytime Running Lights - Options

Need to replace one of the DRLs on my wifes 2002 'Burb, and am looking for an upgrade for the original bulbs. The OEM bulb calls for a 4157K. The sockets currently show signs of overheating, so I'm thinking the 4157 burns a bit hot. I know many people are going with the amber Sylvania 3157/4157 NALL, but I would prefer to stay with clear. I'm currently thinking about going with a 3157LL vs. a 4157LL to try to curb the overheating. Other recommendations would be appreciated!

Thanks

Need to replace one of the DRLs on my wifes 2002 'Burb, and am looking for an upgrade for the original bulbs.  The OEM bulb calls for a 4157K.  The sockets currently show signs of overheating, so I'm thinking the 4157 burns a bit hot.  I know many people are going with the amber Sylvania 3157/4157 NALL, but I would prefer to stay with clear.  I'm currently thinking about going with a 3157LL vs. a 4157LL to try to curb the overheating.  Other recommendations would be appreciated!

Thanks

GM(AKA"The Dealer") makes a superceded bulb for your DRLs. I can't remember the GM number but I think the bulb number is a 4114K, I'm sure someone else on the forum can confirm or correct this. These supposedly last longer than the 4157K and they are clear. :thumbs:

Thanks, guys

So, the 4114 can be used in leau of the 4157?  Any idea if the 4114 curbs the overheating problem, or is that just the nature of the beast?  That is the reason I'm looking to the 3157LL, but I can be convinced otherwise!

The 4114K is supposed to last longer than the 4157K. I believe the filament in the 4114K is larger or made of a more durable material(Heat Resistant) than the 4157K. If you want a longer lasting DRL and you want it to be clear then get the 4114K. :thumbs:

Archived