What is the better PCM?

XFORD

What is the better PCM? TBYRNE or PCM FOR LESS? I have a 2002 Chevy 2500HD CC SB with a 6.0L, and 4:10 gears. I pull a #8000-#9000lb fifth wheel about 6 time's during the summer months. My MPG is around 8-10 pulling and around 11 empty. I have no mods eccept for a K-N filter.

What is the better PCM? TBYRNE or PCM FOR LESS? I have a 2002 Chevy 2500HD CC SB with a 6.0L, and 4:10 gears. I pull a #8000-#9000lb fifth wheel about 6 time's during the summer months. My MPG is around 8-10 pulling and around 11 empty. I have no mods eccept for a K-N filter.

Wester's. You can not beat the service or

the warranty.

Remember, you get what you pay for. :confused:

Just my opinion.

This topic has been discussed many times on this board and others and from what I've read is the three main custom pcm tuners are: PCMFORLESS, Nelson Performance, and Westers. They all are recommended highly and each offer different things for the price. Check out their web sites for their pricing. I went with PCMFORLESS for my SS and absolutely love it.

WOW! thanks for your input Bud and Rays SS. I agree this ? has been asked before but thought that there would be some good input by others that have just done a Tune, Just looking for there opinon and to here about there experiences. And maybe to here what others are pulling with there 6.0L. :thumbs:

I also have a 2002 6.0 with 4:10 gears. Mine is AWD which gets the same gas mileage as a 4wd truck running in 2hi. I have Wester's tune. It got me 1-2 more mpg around town and 3+ more on the highway. Power and torque increases are incredable, as is the nice shifting without delays or slipping. But, the #1 reason I went with Wester's years ago, is his LIFETIME 100% update credit toward the tune for my next truck or car, and the next, and the next...... Can't beat that! Lifetime updates too if i modify the truck in the future.

All 3 tuners do a good job, Nelson's, PCMforless and Wester's, but look at the experience level; Nelson's 1.5 years, PCMforless 2 years on the NBS trucks, and Wester's 20 years. Wester's does work FOR GM and has direct connections to GM Engineers. Compare that then compare the warranty, then decide!!! It made my choice easy!!!

:cheers: I too would give the nod to Westers. I put in a dual tune, 87-91, in my 2003 2500 HD with the 6.0 & 4:10 rearend a couple weeks ago. I noticed a performance gain right away as well as smoother/firmer shifting. I did my first mileage check tonight and pulled just under 15 mpg. Prior to the Westers I was pulling just under 13, that is with mixed driving in an empty truck. So far so good.

Thanks guys! Now that type of response is what I like! :cheers:

Butch: What Tune did you get?

I've tried many different Wester's tunes. The first one I got was an 87 octane tune, that was over 2 years ago. It ran great, but I found it ran even better when I put 93 octane in, and the gas mileage went up, so I got an updated 93 hot tune. That really was impressive and gas mileage went up again. Now I'm running the newest 91/93 dual hot tune. It's even hotter than the 93 hot tune, but gas mileage should go up again due to Wester's exclusive new 3Dmapping. Winter gas mileage is crappy due to my short trips and long warm-ups with the remote starter so I'll know soon how much better the gas mileage will be since the warm weather is finally here!

• 5 months later...

once again...you get into the experience and warranty issues though. I've also heard that you have to emphasize the "wait" in wait4meperformance. he has not been in business long so will he still be around in a year, 2 years, more?

but hey....what works for one doesn't work for all. right?

once again...you get into the experience and warranty issues though. I've also heard that you have to emphasize the "wait" in wait4meperformance. he has not been in business long so will he still be around in a year, 2 years, more?

Jesse (Wait4meperformance.com) has been around long enough. Every company was new once too ;)

He's just better at marketing then the others IMO. Why not charge less and get more customers, sounds like basic marketing to me :cheers:

Regarding his product, I have had his PCM in for about 2 months now. I am very satisfied and still have my original PCM in the event something happens. If you are still under warranty, having the original PCM is ideal for dealer visits.

As busy as he is, he always takes the time to listen and answer your questions over the phone. He has been working with Computer controlled FI vehicles for over 10 years. Turnaround for my PCM was just under two weeks.

For the money, I'd give Jesse a try :rolleyes:

www.wait4meperformance.com

Jesse (Wait4meperformance.com) has been around long enough. Every company was new once too ;)

He's just better at marketing then the others IMO. Why not charge less and get more customers, sounds like basic marketing to me :chill:

Regarding his product, I have had his PCM in for about 2 months now. I am very satisfied and still have my original PCM in the event something happens. If you are still under warranty, having the original PCM is ideal for dealer visits.

As busy as he is, he always takes the time to listen and answer your questions over the phone. He has been working with Computer controlled FI vehicles for over 10 years. Turnaround for my PCM was just under two weeks.

For the money, I'd give Jesse a try :nopity:

www.wait4meperformance.com

hundred percent agree just give him a try then youll be hooked on a wait4me tune just as much as yall r to another tuner

Archived