I used Seafoam and I got no smoke

Everybody's been raving about seafoam so I got a bottle. I put 1/3 in the pcv hose and 2/3 in the gas tank. I let it sit for about an hour while I washed the truck and rotated the tires. I cranked it up, let it idle for 5 minutes and then hit the road. I drove about 10 miles and never saw any smoke like everyone says they have. Did I do something wrong?

Did the vehicle stall when you let the thing suck it through the engine?  When it stalls thats when you let it sit for 20+ min

No, it didn't stall. It acted like it was gonna but never completely died. Immediately after I poured it in the pcv hose, I went and killed it. then I put the hose back on.

Disconnect the power brake hose and let it suck the Seafoam through until it stalls out.  Aftger which, let it sit for 20+ minutes, then it will smoke like you won't believe.  You should use almost an entire can in one shot.

I'm not very experienced with engines. What and where is the power brake hose? Was putting it in the pcv hose a bad thing?

Disconnect the power brake hose and let it suck the Seafoam through until it stalls out.  Aftger which, let it sit for 20+ minutes, then it will smoke like you won't believe.  You should use almost an entire can in one shot.

I'm not very experienced with engines. What and where is the power brake hose? Was putting it in the pcv hose a bad thing?

Seafoam is greatly over rated anyway. In the old days we used to used ATF fluid to clean combustion chambers out but I would not do that today with a CAT closed loop system.

Open the hood, look on the firewall for a large black round thing on the drivers side. on the front of this is a hose. carefully unhook the hose and remove it from the booster, this is the hose to use to suck the seafoam in unitl the truck stalls. wait 20 or so minutes and smoke out the neighborhood.

Archived