bedliners

Which one is better rhino or line-x.  What is really the differenc between the two?

I had a rhino put into mine. Looks sharp. From what I understand, the result depends very much on the dealer that installs it. Might be the same with line-x. You probably want to ask around where you live and look for yourself, first hand.

Humm, i guess my question is why spray in? I have had several drp in liners and they really protect the bed. My business partner has a spray in and it protects agains scratches ok but doesn't seem to do a thing for dents and such. What good is a spray in that costs 3x more than a drop in whic actually protects the bed?

I got Rhino back in January and love it. In fact, the installer did such a fantastic job the I called him yesterday and he picked up my truck tonight to spray the rocker panels. He had an opening and was able to squeeze me in. It's a service this guy offers in that he drives over in his truck, parks it, and drives your truck back to the shop. When they're done, they drive it back over to the house and away they go in their rig. NO charge for the service and his shop is 24 miles from the house.

Great customer service is what it's all about no matter what brand you pick.

I'll post pictures of the finished product tomorrow after he drops it off.

What do you plan on putting in your bed? Busted concrete, engine blocks, tree stumps, sand, dirt, rocks? Go with the drop in.

Just miscellaneous stuff like fruniture, luggage, an occasional run to Home Depot. Go with the spray in - they just look better.

Just my $0.02

SS

Alot also depends upon your location...in an icy, snowy location I wouldn't give a nickel for a drop in as they are very slippery when loading/unloading and trying to stand on one can be very dangerous.

I just installed the dual comp bedliner which is a nice "middle-of-the-road" choice for bedliners. It's half the price of the spray-in and has a rubber bed mat instead of being the 1-piece type drop-in bedliner. I love it. I considered the spray-in which I think is a great choice, but I didnt wanna sink that kinda cash into it.

I would never let anyone put a drop-in on another truck that I own :fume: . In fact, the dealer tried to get me to let them put a drop-in in my new truck as an incentive to buy it.... I told them to keep it. I had a GMC Sonoma a few years ago (that I bought used) and the bed was rusted up where the liner had slid around even though it was "mounted" properly.

I have seen Rhino and Line-X.... each have there strong points.

Line-X seems to be stronger, much more "uniform" appearance-wise, and a harder finish (this is what I had in my '03).

Rhino has more of a "rubbery" finish, a less uniform look, and I have seen some tear easier under use.

My Line-X liner looked great but lighter weight hard objects slid around some (plastic garbage cans, etc). Since the Rhino is a rubbery finish, light objects don't slide as much. I will probably go with another Line-X since I hopefully will get a "frequent flyer" discount :D .

Either product will protect the bed of your truck better than a drop-in, you won't regret getting a sprayed in liner... good luck with your choice.

I went with the Bedrug with a cap for the bed also. I have had the others and was not happy with the results so I wanted something different. For Heavy hauling I use a dump truck. This mainly for tools, wood, pipe and fun things

I have had "Load Lok" drop in liners in 2 of my previous trucks. They are very well constructed and have built in slots for locking loads and come with an excellent guarantee. My one truck was over 10 years old bought it new and never had the horror stories people seem to claim with drop in liners. I liked the fact I could throw things in my bed without worrying about denting the bed which spray in liner do little to protect against. Plus sometimes the slippery surface was a plus (sometimes not LOL).

I have had both, and will never get Line-X again. It chalked very easily, and chipped and peeled way too easily. I watched the truck and it was prepped correctly. Rhino for me!

I got a spray in because I don't want my stuff to slide around and my bed to rust. I put a bed mat down if I plan on hauling rock or an engine, etc.

Depending upon where you are you may have a third choice. I have a TurboLiner spray in in mine. It is very similar to the Line-X. I didn't like the way the RinoLiner looked so I looked at both the Line-X and the Turbo. I liked the TurboLiner better and got it.

Archived