Looking at some rims...

I'm looking at these rims. They're a machined finish, I'm guessing that they're aluminum? I don't know if they're clearcoated or not. Would they be hard to keep clean? Sorry for the n00b questions, but I've never had aftermarket rims before. Could someone take the pics of the truck in this thread and put these rims on it? It's the closest thing to my truck that I could find on the internet(hope you don't mind, burgundyZ71). Thanks for the help!

If they are machined finished they are probably just like billets. They usually have a thin clearcoat applied to them just to seal them up. As far as maintenance, anything but polished aluminum is easy to clean. I have owned factory,brushed ( with clear coat), polished, and now, chrome plated aluminum. The later definately the best looking and fairly easy to maintain (also most expensive to buy). IMHO, don't get anything in polished al. As far as using that picture to show those rims, he pays for a picture website and I don't think that would be ethical to borrow it, if you even can. It also depends on the size you want. If you are going to go with factory size or wider, taller, whatever. If you go factory size they are not going to make a whole lot of difference in appearance.

Archived