A/C NOT WORKING UP TO PAR

I HAVE A 2004 SILVERADO CREW CAB WITH THE DIGITAL DUAL ZONE HVAC. THE HEATER WORKS FINE, BUT I CAN'T GET THE A/C TO BLOW COLDER THAN 48 DEGREE AIR. I DO NOT THINK THIS IS COLD ENOUGH FOR A BIG CAB CONSIDERING THE HEAT LOSS WITH THE SIZE AND ALL THE WINDOWS. I DO HAVE ALL MY WINDOWS TINTED.

I TOOK IT IN FOR SERVICE AND EXPLAINED MY PROBLEM TO THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT. THEY HOOK IT UP TO TEST THE OPERATION AND SAID EVERYTHING WAS OK. IT IS NOT OK WITH ME!!

LAST YEAR IN THE REAL HEAT OF THE SUMMER, I TOOK SOME CLAMPING PLIERS AND CLAMPED OFF THE HEATER HOSES GOING INTO THE CAB. THAT LOWERED THE TEMPERATURE ABOUT 5 DEGREES WHICH HELPED, BUT I DID NOT PAY 35K FOR A TRUCK THAT THE HVAC SYSTEM DOESN'T COOL.

I AM JUST VENTING AND WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM OR A FIX FOR IT.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY SOLUTIONS OR ADVICE...........PARTSMAN

I HAVE A 2004 SILVERADO CREW CAB WITH THE DIGITAL DUAL ZONE HVAC. THE HEATER WORKS FINE, BUT I CAN'T GET THE A/C TO BLOW COLDER THAN 48 DEGREE AIR. I DO NOT THINK THIS IS COLD ENOUGH FOR A BIG CAB CONSIDERING THE HEAT LOSS WITH THE SIZE AND ALL THE WINDOWS. I DO HAVE ALL MY WINDOWS TINTED.

I TOOK IT IN FOR SERVICE AND EXPLAINED MY PROBLEM TO THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT. THEY HOOK IT UP TO TEST THE OPERATION AND SAID EVERYTHING WAS OK. IT IS NOT OK WITH ME!!

LAST YEAR IN THE REAL HEAT OF THE SUMMER, I TOOK SOME CLAMPING PLIERS AND CLAMPED OFF THE HEATER HOSES GOING INTO THE CAB. THAT LOWERED THE TEMPERATURE ABOUT 5 DEGREES WHICH HELPED, BUT I DID NOT PAY 35K FOR A TRUCK THAT THE HVAC SYSTEM DOESN'T COOL.

I AM JUST VENTING AND WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM OR A FIX FOR IT.

48° sounds very normal for a R134A system. The best I've seen mine blown out was 45°

Here is the performance chart that GM techs go by to test the AC.

acchart.jpg

It would be nice if you told us where you live (climate) but 48deg is about as cold as you are going to get the air temp depending on ambient air temp.

Guest chevydeerhunter

Welcome to GM-Trucks forum. 48 degrees seems plenty cold to me. You've also got to remember that with that extra space of a crew cab, it'll take a while for it to cool down.

BTW in the future, try losing the caps so it doesn't look like you're shouting. Thanks!

:thumbs:

Archived