stuttering between 50-60mph

I'm new to this forum. It seems to be a great spot to learn to do mods or having them done. I know my question may seem a bit basic to some of you but I'm not a mechanic however; I do learn quickly. I'm 36 have been learning basic auto maintenance and repairs from anyone who will teach me for the past 4 years.

I have a 1992 Chevy Silverado C1500 with 120000 miles I doesn't do it all the time but every now and then when I drive between 50 and 60 mph the engine will occassionally stutter or hesitate. I've been told that it might be the dirty fuel injectors and to put a little transmission fluid in the gas tank to clean them. Does that really work? I've put fuel injector cleaner in the tank and that seems to help for a while but then after a that tank is gone it seems to start again. Please help.

Thanks in advance for your help. I look forward to learning and contributing to this forum.

I had a 97 that did that. It was the ignition coil.

You only really notice it when you are cruising along on a pretty flat road or very slight incline. You just feel a little hiccup occasionally. Mine would do it maybe twice on a 1-1/2 hour drive to school.

Archived