Depends on what you are looking for. K&N is offering an Aircharger for the Inline 5, as well as AEM and Volant. And as for an exhaust set-up, well there are so many to choose from, but most I've noticed have gone with either a Magnaflow set up, Flowmaster 40 Series and 50 Series, or a bolt on Gibson exhaust, and all have mentioned very noticable HP gains as well as a more trucklike sound. Visit coloradofans.com, which is another message board designed specifically for the GMT-355 platform (Colorado/Canyon).

The warranty will only be voided if whatever malfunction you may encounter is directly caused by the modification you made. And the burden of proof is on the dealer, so no worries.

Edit: Besides, you can always keep the stock airbox and parts from the the intake system to throw back on there if you feel they might say something.

http://www.eye-five.com/tech/121704_nerfbars/index.html

definetly a torsion bar crank.

after that possibly a 2" shackle lift for the rear. it's a good way to give your truck a 2" lift for less than 50 bucks and it only takes an hour to do.

spray in bedliner is another good option, i've put my truck through a lot of abuse since i got it 6 months ago.

Forgot to mention the TB crank. Cheap way to get a couple inches of lift to level out the front end. But if you decide to do that, then definitely get an alignment soon afterwards. I also recommend ditching the stock General tires for various reasons. A lot of them have been getting an out of round condition and cause vibrations at higher speeds. And I personally didn't like their grip in the rain, so I swapped em out for some BFG All Terrain T/As. Better traction and a better look for the truck.

If you're interested in a billet grille, then there are several now to choose from. And there are two different kinds, the bolt over which just covers the stock grill up, or the cut out style, which I did to mine, where you have to completely cut out the stock grille and replace it with the new one. That took a few hours of work though.

Oh and right now Westers is working on a custom tune for it as of last month. HpTuners is also working on one and has been for a couple months now, so hopefully they shouldn't be much longer with that. RKSport has produced a supercharger pushing upwards of 300rwhp, and a company out in Colorado has produced a custom turbo specifically for the I-5 pushing 390rwhp at only 7 psi of boost. But these guys are really waiting for the tunes to come out so they can do additional testing with the freed up power and no torque management, no speed limiter, etc. drive.gif

There are several things you can do, but it all depends on what you want and how deep your wallet is.

Thanks guys. all good advice that will be taken under advisement. The bedliner is being sprayed in this afternoon and I have a K&N on the way. I think Ill wat and see what happens with the super chargers.

Im getting it for essentially nothing. I work for a company that does electronics naviagional and satellite communication systems on boats. Lots of smaller boats using gas inboard motors are using K&N intakes to get a little more HP out of the motor. So, I traded a couple hours of my time with a local boat yard that needs a few small jobs done and they are ordering the intake for me. seemed like a good deal to me. I appreciate the offer though.

The warranty will only be voided if whatever malfunction you may encounter is directly caused by the modification you made. And the burden of proof is on the dealer, so no worries.

Couple comments on this. First of all, a dealership cannot void a warranty. No way, no how. They can, however, deny to repair whatever it is and say it's because of your modification. Saying, "Prove it" will get you nowhere.

If you came in here and I said your malfunction was due to some mod you made, no one in the world, not GM, etc., could force me to repair it under warranty unless you had a court order in your hand.

Archived